Cedar Ridge Elementary Newsletter
An Excellent Education For All Students
FTO General Meeting in Cafeteria
Tuesday, Sep. 10th, 6:30pm
Cedar Ridge Elementary School
K-2: the class with the most parent attendance gets a free recess
3-5: the class with the most parent attendance gets a free recess
$10 Amazon gift card (excluding officers) Parents and teachers put name in a hat for a drawing (must be present to win).
Fall School Pictures
Restaurant Night @ Slim Chickens
Thursday, Sep. 26th, 10am-11:45pm
Memos From the Office
-If you arrive after 8:20 AM please come in the building to sign your student in.
-If you need to get out to help your child then please pull up past the crosswalk and unload in A, B or C spot or park and walk in.
- If you are picking your student up early we ask that you arrive before 3 PM to do so. We are trying to decrease the office traffic between 3 and 3:15 as we work on prearranged dismissal messages. Having to call classrooms at the end of the day also disrupts the learning environment. We thank you for your cooperation in helping us keep the integrity of instruction all the way up to dismissal time.
- You MUST have a green card with your students name on it to be in the Parent-pick up line. There are green cards available in the office.
Notes From the Nurse
CPS Illness Guidelines
Students exhibiting the following symptoms will be sent home and/or should remain at home if they exhibit any of the following:
- Temperature of 100 degrees or greater
- Vomiting with associated signs of illness
- Unusual or unexplained rash
- Ongoing symptoms of discomfort or immobility from an injury
- A concerning health condition that may require further medical evaluation
Students may return to school when:
- Fever free for 24 hours without the use of fever-reducing medication
- Vomiting and/or diarrhea free for 24 hours
- Other conditions (rash, injury or health concern) subside or with a provider’s note
Words From the Counselor
Other Important Information
Quilts of Valor
We have sent out a Quilts of Valor form via ParentLink for you to nominate a family member who is a veteran to receive a quilt to honor his or her service in the military. We are partnering with Satin Stitches and Quilts of Valor to facilitate giving away a quilt to a veteran this year during our Grandparent’s Day celebration. We would love to have your nominations and will save them for future use so you only have to nominate once.
Grandparents Day Information
We are working now to plan Grandparent’s Day for this year and would love to have your input. We would like to offer a time on Tuesday, Nov. 19th from 5PM-6:30PM dedicated to an Open House for parents and grandparents/grandfriends to come, watch a short program involving the choir and Quilts of Valor presentation, then move onto classrooms to visit and have an activity for students and families to enjoy together. We will also try and have the book fair open to guests while here. If you would like to participate in helping us plan this fun activity, please email the principal, Angie Bedsworth at ABedsworth@cpsk12.org or call the main office and leave a good number and time to get back with you. Our main office number is 573-214-3880.