The JSL Monthly
JURISolutions' company news and updates for the month of May
A WORD FROM OUR CEO
It is with great excitement that we launch “The JSL Monthly,” our new interactive monthly newsletter. In today’s rapidly changing legal environment, it is more important than ever to have a reliable source for industry insight, thought-provoking content, and cutting edge solutions. Our goal is to examine the challenges resulting from unprecedented industry shifts and to share ideas for leveraging the changes into greater value. We hope to achieve greater satisfaction for both our clients and our legal talent by igniting a willingness to imagine new possibilities and to push boundaries through innovative advances in technology, operational efficiencies and strategic sourcing.
- Cindy Funaro Towers, Esq., President & CEO
B.J. Williams at Elon University School of Law
If you have any questions about the event, email bwilliams@JSL-HQ.com.
HOT OFF THE PRESS
ACEDS NY Metro Chapter Event - Cybersecurity
The issues discussed included:
- Protecting a corporate client’s sensitive data when it is the control of a law firm or e-discovery service provider.
- Tips on preventing a cyber attack.
- Required responses in the event of a data breach.
- Data privacy rights in response to a hacking incident.
- Best practices for ensuring a data chain of custody is secure and complete.
- Preparing for an increase in demands from corporate clients for improved security protocols by outside counsel firms and litigation support service providers.
- Chris Costello, Esq., Senior eDiscovery Attorney at Winston & Strawn's E-Discovery & Information Governance Practice Group (the “E-Discovery Group")
- Gary Kibel, Esq.- Partner at Davis & Gilbert LLC.
- Chase Cunningham, Ph.D., Threat Intelligence Lead for FireHost.
- Dana Post, Esq., Special Counsel, E-Discovery and Data Management at Freshfields Bruckhaus Deringer US LLP.
Video thanks to Video Litigation Technology. For more information visit www.litvideotech.com.
JURISolutions Runs Broad
The Blue Cross Broad Street Run takes place in Philadelphia on the first Sunday of May and is the largest ten-mile road race in the United States. The American Cancer Society benefits through the runners' donations and pledges.