Message from Mission Control
* I will be off campus on Tuesday. I am surprising my daughter and going with her on her zoo field trip, so I won't be here. Call or text if you need me for anything!
* Remind those students who signed up for the talent show that tryouts will be this Wednesday and Thursday. They need to be picked up promptly at 4:00 in the bus area.
* We will have a STAAR pep rally on Friday, May 11th. We will run on Club schedule on this day in order to accommodate the pep rally. Younger grades are encouraged to make posters, signs, etc. to cheer on and pump up the 3rd-5th graders. We will have a visit from STAARMan, the CTHS drumline, Saginaw gymnastics team, and much more! We want to send the 3rd-5th graders into their weekend excited and ready to ROCK the STAAR test on Monday!
*Congratulations to all of our UIL participants! The remainder of our kiddos competed Saturday morning, and they did a great job. Thanks again to Amarisa and ALL of the people who helped make UIL such a success. Congratulations to Cadence Seagraves for placing 6th in 5th grade Ready Writing.
* Don't forget to electronically sign your summatives once they are sent to you.
* Muffins with Moms is this Friday. Forms went home today, and RSVP's are due by Wednesday so we can have an approximate idea of numbers for Friday. The book fair is taking place in the library, so we will have tables set up in the halls, and the book fair will be open for business beginning at 7:10!
* We will have a staff meeting on Monday, May 7th focusing on behavior intervention and strategies. Sally Christian, behavior specialist, will be there to present to the staff about BIPS, behavioral processes, and answer questions you may have.
* Next week is Teacher Appreciation Week! We want to show you how much you are appreciated EACH day, but next week we get to spoil you daily with fun treats and FOOD! Here is the schedule, so you can plan...
Monday: Breakfast (PTA)
Tuesday: Pizza for Lunch
Wednesday: Lunch from Chick Fil A (PTA)
Thursday: Pancake Breakfast (cooked by Bobby and Kori)
Kona Ice Truck (PTA)
Friday: El Sombrero lunch
Popcorn, candy, and various treats during the day will also be provided. :)
* EMS ISD teachers have the opportunity to use GradeCam for the remainder of this school year. The district will ask for feedback in May, which will help determine if this is something we would like to provide throughout the district next year. I forwarded an email you received today from email@example.com. Upon initial login, you will find easy-to-follow tutorials at the top of the GradeCam dashboard to help get you started. I have already heard from several of you who have tried it, and that's great!
addition and will hopefully result in a bigger success for the Book Fair as well.
* Just so you know, and to assist you in your planning for next year, we WILL have members of the technology team on hand the week we get back in August, and they will train all of you on the new Promethean boards. I have contacted Cindy Tucker, and we are first on the list. I will look at the schedule and let her know what day/time will work for our campus. This will help us to start off the year with the knowledge needed to use the boards from day 1.
This year, we will be implementing our GE life principles during announcements, as well as having the opportunity for kids to respond using the white interactive papers in the hallway (formerly used for vocabulary).
Each life principle will be talked about during a 1 week period. You will be getting the schedule sent this week, and it will also be posted on the One Note staff portal. We will discuss on announcements, and students will have the opportunity to write (or draw) how they show this life principle. For example, the first one is self discipline. They can write on the paper how they show or can use self discipline. This will require thinking and application... so it brings in the higher levels. We will talk about the expectations of how this will be used on the announcements, so the students are familiar with what is acceptable.
Just as the vocabulary has been done in the past, the life principles will remain posted on the wall, so that the students can see them and refer back to them. The Elk of the Month will be chosen based on the life principles that have been discussed for the month. Each student chosen will not have to demonstrate ALL of the life principles, but one or more.
We will be reviewing all of our previous words we have learned and discussed throughout the year. We will discuss them on announcements and remind the students how important they are.
DATES TO REMEMBER
Monday, April 30th:
Kindergarten Roundup 3:00-5:00 pm
Thursday, May 3rd:
Kori off campus at meeting
Friday, May 4th:
Muffins with Moms @ 7:10 AM
Book Fair opens early today
Teacher Appreciation Week
Friday, May 11th:
K-1 Field Day (AM)
STAAR Pep Rally @ 1:45
No specials today (so no need to follow club schedule)
STAAR Testing- Campus closed to Visitors