RSPS Back to School Guide
Dear RSPS Families,
We are so excited to see you and welcome you back this week! This Back-to-School Guide is meant to provide you with all the information you will need to start the year off. Hopefully it will answer your questions and alleviate any stress you might have coming into the 2022-2023 school year. Please read through it carefully and make note of the arrival/dismissal procedures, school handbook, upcoming dates/events, and much more. There will be more forms and information coming your way during the first week of school, so please bear with us as we get the school year up and running.
For those that haven't ventured up to school recently, there have many been changes to our campus in preparation for the construction on the church. The Vision 2020 project for the church will enhance, beautify, and create new spaces to gather and bring all together in faith and mission. Construction will undoubtedly create changes to what we at RSPS have come to consider "normal" or "tradition" when it comes to arrival, dismissal, lunch/recess, as well as changes to where events will be held throughout the year. If the past 2 1/2 years have taught us anything, it's that we must be flexible, patient, and open to new ways of doing things. We know that there will be many questions, times when things don't work as planned, and last minute changes due to unforeseen challenges. This summer has been consumed by trying to work through all of the construction difficulties and anticipate future issues that may arise. Thank you in advance for showing us grace as we work to provide the safest and best educational experience for your children.
Looking forward to seeing you soon!
- Mrs. Julie Rice, our longtime and beloved school nurse, has moved on to a new opportunity. We want to thank Julie for her leadership over the past 11 years and especially during Covid. More importantly, we will all miss her kindness, compassion, and the care she always showed each and every person. Thankfully Julie lives down the street and we may see her from time to time. Please join me in congratulating Julie and wishing her all the best as she starts a new chapter in her life.
- Mrs. Pauline Martin and Mrs. Kelley Wood - School Nurses.
- Ms. Anika Pearson - 1st Grade Teacher
- Mrs. Elizabeth Monzon - 2nd Grade Teacher
- Ms. Gabi Donovan - 3rd Grade Teacher
- Mr. Ryan Flood - MS ELA Teacher
- Mrs. Mary Destino - Reading Specialist
- Ms. Erin Hughes - 1st Grade Instructional Assistant
- Mrs. Gwen Bury - 1st Grade Instructional Assistant
- Mrs. Angie Moseman - 2nd Grade Instructional Assistant
- Mrs. Carmella Stadter and Mrs. Cathy Leauby - 5th Grade Instructional Assistants
- Mr. John Pellegrini - Technology Teacher
- Mrs. Linda Judson - Learning Resource Teacher
PK & K Back to School Night - Tuesday, August 23 (6-7 PM in the Church)
Park near the Parish Center and enter the church through the front doors. We will meet briefly together before transitioning to other locations to meet your child's teachers. Important PK & K specific information regarding arrival/dismissal, etc. will be shared this evening.
Teacher Meet and Greet - Wednesday, August 24 (1-2 PM and 5-6 PM)
Mark your calendars to meet and greet RSPS teachers and staff on Wednesday, August 24th. Students and families will be able to stop by and see their homeroom, say hi, and drop off any supplies. Used Uniforms will be available for purchase from the HSA from 12-5. This is a voluntary event and there is no pressure to attend.
Volunteers will be welcomed back in the building with open arms this year. An informational and sign-up table will be set up in the school lobby on 8/24. Contact the school office for more information if you are unable to make it. As a reminder, all volunteers must be VIRTUS trained and have a background check complete prior to volunteering. Here are some areas we are looking for support with to start the year off:
- Lunch/Recess Duty - 10:45-1:45 daily (times vary) contact Dave Hoffman email@example.com
- School Reception Desk - 11:00-1:00 daily (flexible) contact Joanne Dewey firstname.lastname@example.org
- Professional Photography - contact Stephanie Finamore sfinamore@resstpaul. and Gina West email@example.com
- Car Dismissal Duty - 3-3:45 daily -- contact Emma Santucci firstname.lastname@example.org
- Picture Day (9/15) -- contact Joanne Dewey email@example.com
- Grandparents Day (9/30) - contact Emma Santucci firstname.lastname@example.org
- Race for Ed (10/6) - contact Gina West email@example.com
Friday, Sept. 9 - HSA Back to School Social at Manor Hill Brewing (5:30 - 8 PM)
Join your HSA for our first event of the year Friday, Sept. 9 from 5:30-8 p.m. at Manor Hill Brewing. Catch up with friends old and new and enjoy your first drink free courtesy of the HSA. We will have lite snacks available and the Pizza Trolley will be open for purchase. We can’t wait to see everyone there! Adults-only preferred.
Back to School Centennial Mass - Sunday, September 11 at 9 (St. Paul's Church) and 9:30 (Church of the Resurrection)
RSPS students and families are highly encouraged to attend Mass on Sunday, September 11 at St. Paul's Church (9 AM) or the Church of the Resurrection (9:30 AM) to kick-off our Centennial year. This is a great opportunity to physically show our presence to both parishes. Students who attend and wear their uniforms will receive a special reward.
The front loop of the school has been widened to accommodate our arrival and dismissal (more on this below). Fencing has been added to the back parking lot for the staging of construction supplies. Partitions have been built separating the areas under construction from the school in the link on the 1st and 2nd floors.
Lunch location for 2022-2023
For the first couple of weeks and until the tent is fully installed/permitted, students will be eating outside with their grades (weather permitting) or in their classroom depending on available space. We anticipate officially moving to the tent for lunch starting the week of September 12.
RSPS Milk Program
The milk program at Resurrection-St. Paul School is handled by pre-payment for the year. If you are interested in your child(ren) receiving milk, please complete the forms linked below by Friday, September 2, 2022. Milk will be available beginning Monday, September 12, 2022 for those who have preordered. Please let your child(ren) know whether you have ordered milk for them and, if so, the milk type and quantity. The cost for milk is $27 per student for the entire school year. Both of the below links (milk order form and milk payment form) must be completed for your child(ren) to be enrolled in the milk program. Keep scrolling down for the information and links.
Yay Lunch Is Back! --- Starting on Tuesday, September 6
We are so excited about our continued partnership with Yay Lunch, a school lunch service that
provides freshly made, balanced meals for students, faculty, and staff through a simple online
ordering process. All meals are prepared daily by local Restaurant Partners and delivered to
schools by the Yay Lunch team. Register today to be the first to know when menus + ordering
are live for the school year!
And good news: Yay Lunch is offering 20% off your order when you use the code SAYYAY20 at
checkout. This offer ends October 2nd and applies to one week of orders.
*** Yay Lunch! is offered for K-8 students only.
- August 23 - PK & K Back to School Meeting (6-7 PM) -- Church
- August 24 - School Social/Drop-off (1-2 & 5-6 PM)
- August 29 - First Day of School
- September 5 - Memorial Day - No School
- September 8 - 6th-8th Grade Back to School Night (6-8 PM)
- September 9 - HSA event @ Manor Hill Brewing (5:30-8 PM)
- September 11 - Centennial Masses (9 & 9:30 AM)
- September 15 - 1st-5th Grade Back to School Night (6-8 PM)
- September 21 - AOB High School Fair (6:00-8:00 PM)
- September 30 - Grandparents Day - 12:30 Dismissal
- October 6 - Parent-Teacher Conferences - 12:30 Dismissal
- October 7 - AOB Professional Day - No School
- October 13 - Parent Teacher Conferences - 12:30 Dismissal
- October 14 - Faculty/Staff Retreat - No School
Join our Sub-list
If you are interested in joining our team as a substitute, please contact Emma Santucci (firstname.lastname@example.org) to get the process started.
RSPS Student-Parent Handbook 2022-2023
Talent Release and Family Directory Forms - REQUIRED
Please click the link below and complete the Talent Release and Family Directory Forms by Friday, September 2. These forms are required to be completed for all students.
*** Please note that we do not put your child's picture in publications with their name without your permission.
RSPS Milk Program
The milk program at Resurrection-St. Paul School is handled by pre-payment for the year. If you are interested in your child(ren) receiving milk, please complete the forms linked below by Friday, September 2, 2022. Milk will be available beginning Monday, September 12, 2022 for those who have preordered. Please let your child(ren) know whether you have ordered milk for them and, if so, the milk type and quantity. The cost for milk is $27 per student for the entire school year. Both of the below links (milk order form and milk payment form) must be completed for your child(ren) to be enrolled in the milk program. The first link is the milk order form. The second link is the milk payment portal.
AOB Parent COVID Communication
2022-2023 Drop-off Procedures
1st-8th Grade Arrival
Students in Grades 1st-8th – Arrival at 8:40 – Enter from N. Chatham Rd OR Paulskirk Dr.
Please proceed to the loop and main front entrance of the school building. Please stay in your vehicle and let your child/children out of your vehicle. Students will enter the school building and head up the stairway to their classrooms. All RSPS students in your vehicle should exit at the same time to help keep the flow of traffic moving. Please pull forward as far as possible closing any gaps between cars. Students can enter through either the “link” or main entrance doors.
PK & K Families Arrival
Students in Pre-K 3, Pre-K 4, and Kindergarten: Arrival at 8:40 – Enter from N Chatham Rd
Drop Off – Parents will pull into the designated area of the back parking lot as indicated on the map. Once there, the staff member will assist in helping your child from the vehicle. All RSPS students in your car should exit and enter through the “PK” doors. For example, your Kindergartner, 3rd, and 7th grader will all be dropped off in this location.
2022-2023 Dismissal Procedures
1st-8th Grade Dismissal Procedures
In order to maximize instructional time, announcements will start at 3:30. Afternoon pickup for 1st-8th grades will all take place in the front loop of the school. 1st – 8th grade families must enter the loop from Paulskirk Drive. All RSPS families have been assigned a family number on RSPS cardstock that must be displayed in the front dash. "Family numbers" will be available to be picked up this week at the front office and at the in person "Social" events on Wednesday. We will also send a digital file to you later this week. RSPS staff members will be located at the entrance of the loop to enter your number(s) into an application that will be sent to the classrooms alerting your child(ren) that you are here. Students will remain in their classrooms until your number has been displayed. Teachers will remain in the classrooms with their students.
Watch this video to see it in action. (Scroll down to “See Driveline in Action”.) 1 min.
"Family numbers" will be available to be picked up this week at the front office and at the in person "Social" events on Wednesday. We will also send a digital file to you later this week.
- Enter from Paulskirk Drive ONLY
- Display your family number in your dash.
- Once your number has been entered by an RSPS staff member, pull forward and park in the designated lane in the loop. (see Map #3)
- Park and wait in your vehicle.
- Once all students in the group are in vehicles, we will dismiss the lanes one at a time.
- Exit campus via Paulskirk Dr.
- Note that Paulskirk Dr. connects to N Chatham Rd and St. Johns Ln via Church Gate Rd.
- Repeat procedure
- Be patient
Please be mindful of our neighbors and their need to exit the neighborhood. Please do not block intersections or their driveways.
Families will be given 3 copies of their number to share with authorized individuals. Carpool families should coordinate with each other and share a sign with those particular families.
1st - 8th Grade Dismissal Map #1
1st - 8th Grade Dismissal Map #2
1st - 8th Grade Dismissal Map #3
PK & K (and older Siblings) 3:30 Dismissal Procedures
PK & K (and older siblings)
PK & K students and their older siblings will be walked to the designated area between the Parish Center and staircase. PK & K parents ONLY should carefully park inside the blue box, turn off your vehicle, and then walk up to your student’s teacher to pick them up. Parking is on a first come, first served basis. Please return to your vehicle safely and as quickly as possible. Once all students are safely in their vehicles, we will begin dismissing the lines starting with the line closest to the school (see map #2).
PK & K 3:30 Dismissal Map #1
PK & K 3:30 Dismissal Map #2
PK 1:00 PM Dismissal Procedures
Parents can pick up your PK student at 1:00 PM by parking along the curb closest to the school in the front loop.
Before and After care Drop-off & Pick-up Location
Parents should pull through the front loop and park near the front PK doors. Please park and walk your child(ren) to the front PK doors. If you are unable to get to the location due to a backup of cars, please park near the Parish Center and walk to the front PK doors location. This is subject to change.
These assignments are not mandatory. The purpose of the assignments are to enable students to practice and refresh their skills in various subjects.