Lincoln Crossing Colt Connection
April 7, 2019
Mrs. Hladun's Tidings
Peter Pan, Jr.
Our musical theater production of Peter Pan is this week, and it will be incredible! Tickets are only $1 if you purchase them before the end of Wednesday; they will be $2 each at the door on Thursday night. We are hosting two shows - at 5:30 pm and 7 pm. Bring the whole family and enjoy a night of theater. Click here for the order form.
Part of our school's mission and collective commitments speak to our desire to grow and continually improve. Please share your feedback with us via our annual school survey (click here). Your constructive feedback is welcome as are kudos for jobs well done by our talented team. The survey is open through Friday at 4 pm, and we'll publish a summary of the results in May. Remember - if you take the survey, pick up a little "thank you gift" from the front office - they are in a bowl by the visitor sign in sheets.
Medication at School
Allergies are on the rise. Per district policy, students may not have medication (OTC or prescription) on campus at any time. This includes cough drops, Tylenol, Advil, Benadryl, Claritin, eye drops, inhalers, etc... If your child does need to take medication at school, we can definitely help make that happen. You can contact Ms. O'Toole, our health clerk after 11:30 am at 916 434 5292 or anytime via email at firstname.lastname@example.org, or our district nurse, Mrs. Schumann at email@example.com to make arrangements.
Bring the family by the McDonald's by Lowes for dinner on Wed. You'll see some of your teachers working behind the counter and in the drive through! 15% of all purhcases from 4-7 pm come back to LCES. See you there! Click here for the flier.
Potter Voucher Fundraiser - orders due Fri., 4/12
We are partnering with the Potter's organization to sell vouchers for their summer games. Vouchers are $7/game, and can be used at any game except for July 4th. 50% of all voucher sales will come back to LCES. Click here for the flier.
APEX Fun Run Update
We can't thank our families enough for their contributions to our fun run! The kids had a blast, and we brought in just over $20,500. PTC committed to spending roughly half on purchasing new technology and about half on school safety initiatives. We just ordered 22 new chromebooks this week! Based on feedback we got from an FBI agent who specializes in securing spaces, we hung some additional signage on our school's perimeter and we are getting quotes for retrofitting our front gates so they have crash bars. The safety initiatives will likely be installed over summer, so stay tuned! In addition, teachers get a little extra financial "thank you" that is based on the funds their class raised! APEX rocks! Thank you to our families, our PTC and Mrs. Brothers for making the Fun Run so amazing! We look forward to next year's event!
Spring Paint Night - Fri., 4/26 from 6-8 pm in the MPR
Join Mrs. Motter (an LCES mom) and your LCES friends while we paint "whimsical bird houses!" The product will be beautiful in your home or to give as a gift (Mother's Day is coming up!). Click here for the registration details and form!
Putting together the 2019-20 PTC Board
Our PTC has been wonderful this year - they have focused on bring in new activities, and have stayed true to their goal of support our students and teachers every way they can. If you would like to be a part of our PTC for the 2019-20 year, let us know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Fly away to Neverland with Peter and the Darling children in this adaptation of Disney's beloved animated film. Based on the Disney film and J.M. Barrie's enchanting play, Disney's Peter Pan JR. is a modern version of the timeless tale about a boy who wouldn't grow up...
Ticket InformationThe LCES Musical Theater, directed by Mrs. Adams and Mr. Coleman, are excited to announce that our production of Peter Pan, Jr. will be taking place on Thursday, 4/11 at 5:30 pm and 7 pm in the LCES Multipurpose Room. Tickets are $1 in advance and $2 at the door. You can purchase tickets in the LCES front office using this order form. We look forward to celebrating the magic of the theater with you!
Opportunity to Help with the Production
If you would like to be a part of this magical production to assist with stage management between now and show time and to help with "day of" details, please visit this link to volunteer your time. Parents, relatives or older siblings are welcome to join us as part of the crew!
Arrival/Departure from Campus - Safety is Key!
A few important reminders:
- The bus zone is NOT a drop off/pick up zone before and after school
- Encourage your child to come to school with a buddy
- Use crosswalks - we provide crossing support at Joiner/Groveland, Groveland/Whitefield, and in our own parking lot loop
- If you need to get out of your car to help your child, please park in the neighborhood or in a marked spot, not in the drop off areas
- When you drop off along the school's curb, please pull all the way forward to the Kindergarten area - our Greeters are happy to walk your child to the gate!
- Please drop off between 7:55-8:10 am (students are late if they are not through the main office by the 8:15 am bell)
- Please pick up on time - PM K and grade 1-5 supervision ends at 2 pm (Mondays) and 3 pm (Tuesdays-Fridays); AM TK & kinder dismisses at 11:20 am each day and teachers can wait with students until 11:30 am before they have to move onto other job responsibilities
For a reminder about appropriate areas for parking and drop off, click here.
We are also seeking parents/family members who are open to volunteering to cross kids at Danbury and Groveland before/after school. If you are available to support from 7:45-8:10ish and/or 2:40-3 ish, let Mrs. Hladun know at email@example.com. Big thanks to our WatchDOGS who are providing crosswalk support at our main crosswalk most days!
Week of April 8th:
- School Survey will be available for families to take (click here)
- Lincoln Potters Summer 2019 Voucher Sale (click here for details)
- Mon., 4/8: Early Release Day
- Mon., 4/8, 1-1:40 pm: Leadership Ambassador Council Meeting
- Mon., 4/8, 1:45-3:30 pm, MPR/Stage: Peter Pan, Jr. Tech Week/Rehearsal; all cast in costume
- Tues., 4/9, around 8:45 am: Shelter in Place Drill Planned (click here for more info - orange section)
- Tues., 4/9, lunchtime: Leadership Ambassador Action Team Meetings (Beautification & Kindness)
- Tues., 4/9, 2:45-4 pm, MPR/Stage: Peter Pan, Jr. Tech Week/Rehearsal; all cast in costume
- Tues., 4/9, 2:45 pm-3:45 pm: Math Tutoring for invited 2nd graders
- Wed., 4/10, lunchtime: Leadership Ambassador Action Team Meeting (Cares)
- Wed., 4/10, 2:45-4 pm, MPR/Stage: Peter Pan, Jr. Tech Week/Rehearsal; all cast in costume
- Wed., 4/10, 2:45-3:45 pm: Math Tutoring for invited 1st graders (cancelled for 4th and 5th graders)
- Wed., 4/10, 2:45-3:10 pm: Leadership Ambassador Action Team Meeting (Pride); Mrs. Ochoa's room
- Wed, 4/10, 4-7 pm: PTC McTeacher Night - get the details here
- Wed., 4/10, 6:30-7:30 pm: First Street School Gate Program Information Meeting for invited families (FSS MPR)
- Thurs., 4/11, 2:45-3:45 pm: Math Tutoring for invited 3rd graders (cancelled for 4th and 5th graders)
- Thurs., 4/11, 4-5:30 pm: Peter Pan Jr., all Cast arrive for makeup and pictures
- Thurs., 4/11, 5:30 pm: Peter Pan Jr. Production, MPR - ticket info here
- Thurs., 4/11, 7 pm: Peter Pan Jr. Production, MPR - ticket info here
- Fri., 4/12: Colt Pride Day
- Fri., 4/12: Vision Testing for students in grades K, 2 and 5
- Sat., 4/13 - Mon., 4/22: Spring Break - school resume on Tues., 4/23
Week of April 22nd:
- Mon., 4/22: No School
- Tues., 4/23, lunchtime: Leadership Ambassador Action Team Meetings (Beautification & Kindness)
- Tues., 4/23, 2:45 pm-3:45 pm: Math Tutoring for invited 2nd graders
- Wed., 4/24, lunchtime: Leadership Ambassador Action Team Meeting (Cares)
- Wed., 4/25, 2:45-3:45 pm: Math Tutoring for invited 1st, 4th and 5th graders
- Wed., 4/24, 2:45-3:10 pm: Leadership Ambassador Action Team Meeting (Pride); Mrs. Ochoa's room
- Thur., 4/25: LCES 5th graders visit TBMS
- Thurs., 4/25, 6 pm: TBMS Open House
- Thurs., 4/25, 12:30-1:20 pm: Leadership Ambassador Council Meeting
- Thurs., 4/25, 2:45-3:45 pm: Math Tutoring for invited 3rd, 4th and 5th graders
- Fri., 4/26: Colt Pride Day
- Fri., 4/26, 9 am: Deadline to turn in Talent Show Audition App (click here)
- Fri., 4/26, 6-8 pm: PTC Hosted Family Paint Night (click here)
Looking ahead to the Week of April 29th:
- SBAC/CAST testing begins in grades 3-5 (check with your teacher for details)
- Tues., 4/30, 6-8 pm: PTC Skate Night
- Tues., 4/30, 6-7:30 pm: WPUSD Spanish Immersion Program Info Night
- Thurs., 5/2, 3-4:30 pm: Talent Show Auditions
*all Leadership, Musical Theater, and Choir program details are on Mrs. Adam's website or click the link below.
Upcoming Non School Days & Early Release Days - Winter/Spring 2019
- Saturday, 4/13-Monday, 4/22: Spring Break (School Resumes on Tuesday, 4/23)
- Monday, 5/27: Memorial Day
- Week of June 3rd-June 7th: Early Release Days (1:40 Release)
- Saturday, 6/8 - Wednesday, 8/14: Summer Break (School Starts on Thursday, 8/15)
Visit our website for the most updated schedules for our Leadership Ambassador Program, including the greeter schedule!
Click for more information about school meal pricing and breakfast and lunch menus. You can also access My School Bucks to add to your child's lunch balance and submit an online application for free/reduced meals.
Click to view a map that identifies appropriate drop off/pick up areas and parking areas. It is much less congested between between 7:50-8:00 am and again between 2:50-3 pm. Supervision is provided at 7:55 am and until 3 pm (2 on ER days).
The district has approved and published 2 years of school calendars! Click for details!