- Those who are most "fit" will survive and pass down their traits.
- The ability to reproduce fertile offspring.
- Sharks are colored white underneath them and blue or gray on the top. This camouflages them as the top blends with the water color to someone looking down into the water and the bottom blends with the light coming through the water from above.
The Environment determines who is "selected".
Selected Out? How so?
- If the pollution in the water was to increase and change the water color to a darker color such like a green, then the sharks gray or blue camouflage backs would be seen more clearly.
- Also, if a mutation was to occur within the shark and it ended up with only one color then it may cause the shark to be selected "out".