Title 1 Notifications
Chimacum School District is a Title 1 District
District Report Card Information
Parents Right To Request Teacher and Para Notifications
1. Whether the teacher has met Washington teacher certification requirements for the grade level and subjects in which the teacher provides instruction;
2. Whether the teacher is teaching under a an emergency or other provisional status for which Washington qualifications or certification has been waived;
3. The college major of the teacher and any graduate degree or certificate; and
4. Whether your child is receiving Title I services from paraprofessionals, and if so, whether those paraprofessionals meet state/federal requirements of the Every Student Succeeds Act. If you would like to request this information, please contact Stephanie McCleary at email@example.com or by calling the District office at 360-302-5890
Parent Involvement Policy
The board recognizes that involvement of parents and guardians (hereafter “parents”) contributes to the achievement of academic standards by students participating in district programs. The board views the education of students as a cooperative effort among school, parents and community. The board expects that its schools will carry out programs, activities and procedures in accordance with the statutory definition of parental involvement. Parental involvement means the participation of parents in regular, two-way, and meaningful communication involving student academic learning and other school activities, including ensuring that parents:
A. Play an integral role in assisting their child’s learning;
B. Participate and are encouraged to be actively involved in their child’s education at school; and
C. Become partners in their child’s education and are included, as appropriate, in decision-making and on advisory committees to assist in the education of their child.
Additionally, to ensure effective involvement of parents and to support a partnership among the school, parents, and the community, the board adopts as part of its policy the following guidance for parent involvement at each school assisted by Title I, Part A funds:
1. Provide assistance to parents of children served by the school or district, as appropriate, in understanding topics such as:
a. Washington’s academic standards;
b. State and local assessments, including alternate assessments;
c. The requirements of Title I;
d. How to monitor their child’s progress; and
e. How to work with educators to improve the achievement of their children.
2. Provide materials and training to help parents work with their children to improve their children’s academic achievement.
3. Educate teachers, specialized instructional support personnel, principals, and other staff with the assistance of parents, in the value and utility of contributions of parents and how to do the following:
a. Reach out, communicate, and work with parents as equal partners;
b. Implement and coordinate parent programs; and
c. Build ties between parents and schools.
4. Coordinate and integrate parent and family engagement strategies, to the extent feasible and appropriate, with similar strategies used under other programs.
5. Ensure that information related to the school and parent programs, meetings, and other activities is provided to the parents of participating children in an understandable and uniform format, and to the extent practicable, in a language that parents can understand. When necessary and upon request, this information will be provided in an alternative format.
School Board Policy 4215, Community Relations School Board Procedure 4130 & 4130P, which contains more information about implementation of this policy is available at:
Annual Title 1 Informational Meeting
Citizen Complain Procedures
Chimacum School District Mission and Vision
Vision: Our schools strive to provide an exciting, flexible environment where students of all ages successfully prepare for their unique futures as responsible members of society.
Mission: The Chimacum School District is committed to high academic expectations and standards. We proactively work together to provide skills, knowledge, and resources to ensure a fully supportive environment for excellence in education for the entire community.
Chimacum School District does not discriminate in any programs or activities on the basis of sex, race, creed, religion, color, national origin, age, veteran or military status, sexual orientation, gender expression or identity, disability, or the use of a trained dog guide or service animal and provides equal access to the Boy Scouts and other designated youth groups. The following employees have been designated to handle questions and complaints of alleged discrimination:
Title IX Coordinator Section 504/ADA Coordinator
Holly Patton Holly_patton@csd49.org 360.302.5886
Compliance Coordinator for 28A.640 and 28A.642 RCW
Stephanie McCleary Stephanie_mccleary@csd49.org 360.302.5894
Chimacum School District will also take steps to assure that national origin persons who lack English language skills can participate in all education programs, services and activities. For information regarding translation services or transitional bilingual education programs, contact Rick Thompson at (360)302.5896. PO Box 278 – Chimacum WA 98325