BHS Warrior Wire
March 2019 Edition~ Brook Haven School~ Sebastopol, CA
Leaping Into Spring!
The arrival of Spring always evokes differing emotions. We are thrilled that there are fewer rainy-day recesses, concerned that we have so much more to teach with so little time and in awe that the end of the school year is in sight. So much has truly been accomplished this year and we are thankful that you've partnered with us this year. As we move into the home stretch of the 2018-2019 school year, we are encouraging students to end the year strong. Students in grades 6, 7, 8 will be receiving progress reports in the mail by April 5th if they have a C- or below in any class.
Please take the time to honor your student's achievement and effort and help them plan ways to organize or adjust their study habits, if necessary, in order to end the year on a high note. Please encourage your student to connect with their teacher(s) if there are specific concerns and as always, feel free to reach out to our teachers if you have questions.
We are so fortunate to have a team of teachers who go above and beyond to support our students. Looking forward, the week of May 6 is Teacher Appreciation Week. If you are willing to help honor our teachers & staff during that week, please let me know. It would be wonderful to have a team of parents working together to share our appreciation for our staff!
Did you attend the SEF Gala? We are so fortunate that Park Side parent Deirdre Lordan stepped up and brought the wonderful idea that raised over $7000.00 for our schools. Deirdre and a small team of parents were able to pull off a fun-filled & profitable event that was a great community building activity. We can't wait to see what is in store for next year!
The Jog A Thon is coming to Brook Haven on Wednesday, May 22. If you are willing to help with the planning please let me know ASAP. We want to find creative ways to get our older kids on board with fundraising for our schools.
Do you have your yard sign? Have you noticed them in front of the school? Stop by the office to pick up your yard sign & share your love for our schools with your friends and neighbors. We can't wait to see where they pop up next!
We Need Your Input! Tell Us About Your Experience with SUSD & Enter To Win $100.00. Use The Survey Link Below.
Volunteer of the Month
- 7th & 8th Grade Boys Basketball wrapped up their seasons earlier this month. Both teams made great growth & we are thankful for Coaches Myriah Volk & Doug Feige! Way to go Warriors!
- 6th Grade Boys & Girls Basketball is underway now. Their season got off to a quick start and we are excited to watch our newest players on the court!
- 6/7/8 Boys Volleyball will be starting this week. Thanks to Ben Broadbent for stepping up to coach. Student sign-ups are in the office now.
- To wrap up the year we are hoping to offer 6/7/8 Girls Flag Football. The season will begin in April. Stay tuned for more info!
Do you know a family who wants to learn more about Brook Haven? Please spread the word- link below!
Dates to Remember
- Tuesday, April 9- School Site Council Meeting, 2:45pm
- Saturday, April 13- Apple Blossom Parade
- Wednesday, April 17- PS 4th graders visit BH 5th graders
- Wednesday, April 17- Dine & Donate at Mary's Pizza (8th Grade End of Year Activities)
- Monday, April 22- NO SCHOOL- Staff Development Day
- Monday, May 13- 7th Grade Hands-Only CPR Classes (during school)
- Tuesday, May 14- School Site Council Meeting, 2:45pm
- Thursday, May 16- Open House, 6 pm
- Wednesday, May 22- BH Jog A Thon
- Monday, May 27- NO SCHOOL, Memorial Day
- Monday, June 3- 8th Grade Trip to Six Flags
- Thursday, June 6- Last Day of School, 8th Grade Promotion 2:00 pm