JCPRD @ Shawanoe
May 2016 Newsletter
JCPRD Fall Registration...
JCPRD Fall Registration is NOW OPEN!! Come one, come all and let's have some fun at the NEW Shawanoe!
Please visit our website www.jcprdkids.com for more information!
Welcome to the New Shawanoe!
Program Director: Adrian Ludwig
Spring is Here!
Warmer weather is finally here! JCPRD and April will be a month full of sunshine and smiles as we play on our new playground! That's right, we have finally moved into our new school! JCPRD will operate out of the Cafeteria, Gym and Room #158. It’s in exciting time to be a kid!!
PS: JCPRD pick-up will be in the very back of the new building.
JCPRD Summer Camp is here!
Indoor Summer Camp Registration is NOW OPEN! Please download the forms from our website, www.jcprdkids.com. Forms will have to be scanned into the Registration Office.
Additional Information below...
Location: Shawanoe Elementary (combining with Benninghoven)
Directors: Denise Allen and Adrian Ludwig
First Day of Camp: Monday, June 6
Last Day of Camp: Friday, July 29
JCPRD Program Information!
Please make sure that you read over the parent handbook for our mission statement, goals, program description, hours, costs, holidays, payment schedule, and policy statements.
Snow Day Information!
JCPRD is unable to provide services in USD #512 (SMSD) facilities when severe weather leads to school closures. We are sorry for any inconvience!
How Do You Know if It Is A Snow Day?
1. Call the cell: 913-991-7539
2. Check out the District Website
3. Watch the local news for school closures
4. Look at JCPRDkids Twitter account
Sign up for message alerts from SMSD: http://www.smsd.org/parents/Pages/smsdalert.aspx
We are very excited to report that we have taken the Commit to Health Pledge! In doing so you can expect to see our out of school time participants engaging in more physical activity, learning about good nutrition, and eating healthier snacks while in attendance at JCPRD. Commit to Health is an initiative of the National Recreation and Park and Association and The Alliance for a Healthier Generation. Our staff has worked hard to develop a new food service menu that features items that are nutrient dense, low in fat, sugar, and sodium, as well as more fresh fruits and vegetables. Please support our efforts to help students develop healthy eating habits by encouraging them to be open to trying new foods and by reinforcing the benefits of nutritious diet. Healthy snacks and meals improve cognitive function, increase energy, and help children grow strong muscles and bones!
Yo Yo Mania!
Outdoor Race Track!!
OST Daily Schedule!
- Check-In: Students will report to the Cafeteria after school.
**If you know your child(ren) will not be in OST please call us at 913.991.7539 or email me at Adrian.email@example.com. If a student has not checked in with us, we will contact you if we haven't heard from you first.
- Snack/Homework Club: 3:30-4:00 JCPRD will provide two healthy options for your child to choose from. At this time, students will be allowed to complete school work in the MPR. Please discuss with your child if they should participate in the homework club. JCPRD is not responsible if homework does not get completed.
- Activities: 4:00-5:30 - Students will be able to choose which activity they would like to participate in for the day. Activities will include, but are not limited to... STEAM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Art, and Mathematics) programs, cooking programs, nature programs, active programs, and MORE!
- Outside/Gym Time: 4:00-5:30 - We believe it is essential for minds and bodies to have mental health breaks and join in on fitness breaks. Weather permitting we will go outside. JCPRD follows the Shawnee Mission school district’s weather policy. Please remember to have your child(ren) layer up and bring a jacket. We will have structured activities for them to do during this time as well as free play.
- Check-Out: 5:30-6:00 - Back to the Cafeteria. When you come to pick up your child(ren) please remember to WALK IN and SIGN THEM OUT as well as Initial in the box. If there is no initial in the box our policy is to call you to make sure that you have your student. There is a late charge of a $1 per minute after 6:05pm.