GCIS Friday Focus 1/6/17
We're Not Here to be average; we're here to be AWESOME!
Special thanks to all the duty teachers and your efforts to keep our spaces in the morning and afternoon safe! Please let me know if there is anything that we may need to adjust.
What's Happening This Week!
Monday: 1/9 Day 4
- lunch w/ 5th grade student 10:50
- Book Club Lunch w/ 6th grade girl group 11:40
- IEP Mtg 3:30pm 6th grade
Tuesday: 1/10 Day 1
- 7:30am Mtg at MS
- 5th grade Lunchroom re-teaching 8:35 am
- 5th grade girls lunch 10:50am
- 4th grade PLC w/ Brenda O 12:50pm
- Mtg: Brenda O. 2:00 pm
Wednesday: 1/11 Day 2
- 9:15 Mtg w/ staff member
- Lockdown Drill (Locks, Lights, Out of Sight)
- Lunch dates conference room
- Genius Hour Group 6th grade (Coffee Shop)
- Mtg MS w/ 6th grade at 4pm (Student Meeting)
- Board Mtg Q&A 5:30 pm
Thursday: 1/12 Day 3
- Admin Mtg 2pm
Friday 1/13 Day 4
- Van Cleave AM appointment (arrive to school 9:00ish)
- Mtg w/ Tim 9:30 am
Reminders of Things Coming in January!
Internet Safety Grade Level Rotations: Office Williams:
Meet in the gym and we will sit in the bleachers.
- 9:00-9:20 6th
- 9:20-9:40 5th
- 9:40-10:00 4th
Lockdown Drill: Wednesday Jan 11th (Morning)
- We will run a complete lockdown drill.
Things to Consider:
- Please review the location within your room where you will all go with students during community time before Jan 11th. Possibly practice this with students.
- Front load any students that need it the day of.
- I will announce: LIGHTS, LOCKS, OUT OF SIGHT (x4)
- Do hallway check and snag any student in the hallway add to your group.
- You WILL lock door, TURN lights out, and gather in safe spot in room. Voices OFF.
- We will do building checks and door checks.
- Wait for the all clear. (I will announce all clear when drill is finished)
- Take a few moments to review, answer any questions students may have.
- Take about what went well, what didn't go well.
- *If any students failed to run drill appropriately, please notify me and I will pull them for a conversation. Homeroom teacher notify parents of child behavior.
Iowa Assessment Testing Week of Feb 6th-10th
Make Up Testing: Feb 13th-17th
PBIS Winter Bash Friday February 24th
- 7 oaks sledding
- Skateland Jefferson
- Hidden Acres
No School March 1st
Spring Break: March 13th-17th
GCIS Spring Conferences: March 21st & 23rd
- 4:00 pm-7:00 pm