Moreau Heights Elementary
Giving our students HOPE for a better tomorrow one skill at a time!
Our PBS lessons this week will focus on appropriate responses to ALL adults. This is the same lesson as last week since it was only 2 days. If you have already used the PBS lesson, look for other ways to reinforce students to respond appropriately.
- play Class vs Teacher
- have students recognize each other for appropriate responses.
- load up with Charger Cash and highly reinforce appropriate responses.
- get creative and develop your OWN way to positively reinforce student responses.
Our Second Steps lessons all focus on Bully Prevention.
All grade levels have a focus on Learning.
Kindergarten- Bullying - Lesson 1
1st grade - Bullying - Lesson 1
2nd grade - Bullying - Lesson 2
3rd grade - Bullying - Lesson 2
4th grade - Bullying - Lesson 3
5th grade - Bullying - Lesson 4
Articles to Support Things we ALL are expected to be doing
2. The second article focuses on proactive steps for discipline.
Both provide excellent ideas to support classroom practices!
Character Trait for November is Polite
Have a colleague who you would like to see recognized for making a positive difference? Here is the link to complete a nomination.
JCPS Foundation Grants
Check out the grant applications to see what is available. Grant applications close January 14th. More details will come soon!
Duties for the Week
Gym - Musselman and Watson
Cafe - Treat and Ries
Collect students from the gym at 7:45
2. Have you developed a way to track student minutes on iReady? We expect students to use this resource for a minimum of 45 minutes per week to see the impact. How do you incentivize students meeting this goal for minutes and an 80% pass rate?
Calendar of Events
Monday, November 26
*Snack Day (Leadership Team providing)
*PBS Team meeting 3:45
*Functional Team mtg 3:45
Tuesday, November 27
*School Culture team mtg 3:45 pm
*MH Culvers Night 5 - 8 pm
Wednesday, November 28
*PLC training (Gaines, Albers, Reece, Haugen)
*ES Staffing (Paul, Treat, Day, James) 9:15
*DL 504 (Schell, Day, Holliday) 1:20
*AW 504 (Strange, Day, James, Moeller) 2:15
*Leadership Team mtg 3:45
Thursday, November 29
*Family visit 9:30
Monday, December 3
Tuesday, December 4
*JEPD for 2nd grade in morning
*JEPD for 4th grade in afternoon
*Literacy Team mtg 3:45
*Tier 2 mtg 3:45
Wednesday, December 5
*Specials Collaboration 7:45 - 8:15
*Sue at district admin mtg 8 - 10
*AG Staffing (Hutchison, James, Gaines, Haugen, Day, Rackers, Steuber) 2:15
Thursday, December 6
Friday, December 7
*Shannon at Counselor mtg 2:00 - 3:30
This is the link to a revised communication log for your team collaboration. The expectation is that your team will complete each week.
Breakfast in the Classroom
What is Breakfast in the Classroom?
This is a breakfast program that provides breakfast to all students IN THE CLASSROOM. Food is transported to the classroom by students and/or staff where teachers help to facilitate breakfast with their students. Teachers mark students who eat breakfast from a list. After breakfast, students assist with clean up using materials provided from the cafeteria on the wagon/cart. Leftovers and trash are transported back to the cafeteria.
Why would we want to move forward with Breakfast in the Classroom?
- provide all students the opportunity to access breakfast, free to charge
- reduce behavior issues as students wait in line for breakfast in the cafe
- reduce issues as students move toward classrooms/gym after breakfast
- provide a chance to enhance your classroom community as you eat together
- allow you a chance to eat breakfast with your students
- provide a means to support positive student choices/manners
- supports a positive classroom environment and family
What is the plan?
We are looking to begin the Breakfast in the Classroom program after Christmas break. More information will follow.