WELCOME BACK! IT'S A GO ON MONDAY!
August 17 is the first day of school - we've got you covered
FMS REMOTE LEARNING TAB IS YOUR ONE STOP REMOTE LEARNING CENTER!
Parents spoke and FCS listened! All principals heard loud and clear that parents and students wanted one simple way to access all remote learning needs during the spring shut-down. FMS asked for a Remote Learning tab for our FMS website and the IT folks made it happen - for all FCS schools! Shout-out to Dr. Schuhler for listening to our needs and making sure those needs are met. This is just one of the many ways that FCS and FMS have been working together to give you a great online experience.
Now you have a one stop shop for all things remote learning. Just go to the FMS website, look for the Remote Learning tab at the top of the front page, and you are on your way to being an expert in all things Remote Learning!!
NEED YOUR SCHEDULE? SCHEDULES WERE SENT TO EACH STUDENT'S EMAIL. DIDN'T GET ONE? CALL THE SCHOOL MONDAY AT 919-494-2971
NEED A HOTSPOT? CHECK OUT THE LIST BELOW!
SIGN UP FOR OUR NO CONTACT LUNCH DELIVERY (FREE FOR FREE/REDUCED LUNCH FOLKS)
You asked - We listened! Read more about our new lunch delivery service!
- This is a new program we are putting in place to serve our FMS families
- If you are free or reduced lunch, lunches will be FREE (a GREAT reason to sign up below!)
- If you are full price lunch, simply add money to the student K-12 account and lunches will be delivered to your door.
- All you have to do is fill out the form and that is it - we will begin delivering lunch to your door
- This will be no contact delivery - lunches will be bagged up and left on the porch or in the most protected area near the front door. No need to answer the door, just wait until the delivery person leaves, then get your lunch.
- This program will serve all the school-age children in your family. Just note how many on the form and you will receive lunches for all your school-age kids.
FMS IS LOOKING FOR PARENT LEADERS!
Every year we offer parents the opportunity to be a member of the District Parent Advisory Council. This year let your voice be heard at the district level!
We are in need of two people who:
- are interested in having a strong voice in the school district
- are willing to listen to other parents and bring their voices to the table
- are willing to attend FCS District Parent Advisory Council meetings (virtual/monthly)
- are willing to advocate for those who can't advocate for themselves
Interested? Email me at email@example.com
FMS IS LOOKING FOR A SPECIAL PARENT WHO IS INTERESTED IN BUILDING A PARENT GROUP
- support FMS in some capacity (creativity is welcome)
- be a strong parent voice in what we can do to make FMS a community school of choice
- be an upbeat, safe group where any parent is welcome
We need a parent who is "all in," who enjoys managing people and projects and wants to help out our school. If you feel like this is something that you could take on and run with, please email Principal Boardman at firstname.lastname@example.org.
CONSIDER SIGNING UP FOR FREE & REDUCED LUNCH - IT HELPS ALL OF US!
- You save money if you qualify - money you can spend on many other things!
- It's easy - one digital application signs up every school-age child in your family.
- If you qualify for free lunch you never have to deal with the hassle of making sure there is money on the account - much easier!
- It's anonymous! Students just give their lunch number at the register - no one knows who has free lunch and who doesn't.
- It includes breakfast, which is even cheaper than lunch. No more hurrying to make sure they eat something in the morning before school - they can eat when they get there, which is less hassle for working folks.
- It helps our school A LOT. For every student who qualifies for free and reduced lunch, we get federal money through our Title I program. We can use that money for all kinds of instructional needs that we could never afford without it. Every child who signs up and qualifies for free/reduced lunch helps out their school tremendously!
IT'S A WIN-WIN!!! HELP US TO HELP YOU!