Team News 2.9
Daring Greatly in Faith, Academics, & Service for SMCS
Week 6 of 2020. Bring on Valentines!
Please keep your materials from PD on Friday for our Team meeting in March. I will connect with you over the week to discuss key takeaways and what is directly applicable to SMCS.
Little Humor on Today's Gospel, Facebook sightings!
Reminders and Updates
- Progress Report Grades due, please close out before Monday AM.
- Please close out and approve your timesheets by Monday at Noon. These are now due before leaving campus on Fridays prior. Ms. Rosa will send out a reminder. ALL team members need to do timesheets.
- Team picture, tomorrow. Please report to cafeteria by 7:40AM. We will take our staff picture. Wear whatever you want, just look nice.
- Class Pictures this year will be in CAFETERIA. Not the Parish Hall. We will do lunch line from the left side of the Cafeteria, please have all students enter for lunch using the main doors (not the side doors).
- Students that enrolled early will have free dress on Tuesday to Thursday. Ms. Rosa will send you the list on Monday.
- DUE MONDAY: Teacher of the Year Nomination Form (from team meeting, attached if you need digital---can handwrite or type. Put in my inbox by my office door)
- DUE March 2: Campus Assessment Feedback (from team meeting, attached if you need digital---can handwrite or type. Put in my inbox by my office door--this helps us get ready for accreditation self study)
Please keep ER sub plans in office
We need your help as flu season swings through. By Monday of next week, please have an emergency subfolder for us at the front office. We will keep these at the front desk.
- Class seating chart
- Class roster with listing of how students get home (Carline or Walk Up)
- Your schedule including duties: take lunch count, attendance, etc.
- Need to know health record--epi pens, inhalers, etc.
- At least 3 full days of lesson plans that could be used anytime (i.e. an ELA lesson--use spelling words to write a story and then illustrate it. Spiral Math Reviews ---skills needing mastery like times tables, etc. Guidance lessons, etc.)
Teachers pays Teachers has great templates if you want forms or something snazzy. Or you can just put these items in a folder for us. If you have cheat sheet template, please share it with us!
This Week's Scheduled Interruptions/Off Campus/Subbing
Please remember to email your club students at least 24 hours in advance (if feasible) if you are going to be absent. If families need ASC due to club cancellation, we will not charge until 4:15PM.
- Mrs. Johnson out, Ms. Medina to sub in AM, Admin in PM.
- All classes will be called to CAFETERIA for group pictures. Make sure shirts are tucked in and ties are straight.
- Mr. Patrick out-Jury Duty
- Ms. Sally out at 1:30PM, Mr. Patick to sub
- Ms. Sheila out at 9AM, Mr. Patrick to sub
Advance Heads up---
Tuesday, Feb 18 11:30AM to 1PM, HFF Board Meeting in our Library. Please do not interrupt.
Friday, Feb. 21--Ms. Salazar out all day for Arch Principals Retreat.
If it's not on here, I overlooked your request or did not receive one. Please review carefully and let me know ASAP.
****Please remember to secure your OWN sub for any duties---lunch, morning, etc---that will be unstaffed due to your absence.*******
FEBRUARY Mass Information
Feb 14 Middle School
Feb 21 2nd grade
Feb. 23 ALL SCHOOL MASS SPONSORED BY 1st Grade and 2nd Grade
Feb 26 1st grade *Ash Wednesday, No Mass on Friday---Will schedule Reconciliation.
Friday School Mass Positions to Secure BY TUESDAY OF THE MASS WEEK.
1) First Reader
2) Psalm Reader
3) Gift Bearers (3)
All School Sunday Mass Positions to Secure BY TUESDAY of the Mass Week. Email and confirm with Admin and Parents, Please!
1) First Reader
2) Second Reader
3) Gift Bearers (4)
4) Servers (2)--Secure with Mrs. Ortiz
Please always confirm readers and begin practicing with them by Tuesday. Please email your assignments to Ms. Cortez and Ms. Salazar by Wednesday.
Cheat Sheets for Parents and Students for Sunday Mass--Coming SOON!
2020 Duty Schedule
Progress Report Quarter 3: Grades complete by Sunday, Feb 9th.
Report Card Quarter 3: Grades and Skill Sets due by March 17 at 7PM.
Progress Report Quarter 4: Grades complete by Sunday, April 19.
8th Grade Report Card: Grades complete by May 22.
Kinder to 7th Grade: Take grades and complete until May 29.
SHOUT OUTS, Special KUDOS this Past Week
- I saw TONS. What did you see? Can you send me gratitude for your colleagues this week?
- SO MUCH MORE GRATITUDE---all the little things you do each minute that never go noticed publicly and keep us glued together and firmly rooted in CHRIST.
I NEED YOUR HELP! I don't see everything on campus. At least every other week, could you text me or email me or tell me in the hall, something awesome one our team members did? I'd like to make it public.