For the Weeks of August 13-17
- Lapeer Community Schools is a dynamic community organization embracing our students with a quality learning environment, developing independent and confident learners for the future.
We think that each one of us is strong individually but we are even stronger when we work together.
Our Buddy Bench on the playground is one way we can show our kindness to others.
That's being Turrill Tough!!
Excellence in all we do for our students, our schools and our community through
- Continuous improvement;
- Diligent effort; and
- Innovative design
Office Hours during the School Year:8:15 am -- Office opens
8:35 am -- Student supervision outside of school begins (please do not leave your child unsupervised)
8:40 am -- Building opens; Students enter the building (breakfast available in the classrooms)
8:44 am -- School day begins
3:40 pm -- End of the school day
4:15 pm -- Office closes
What's Up for the first two Weeks?
Monday, August 13 -
- Teachers will be working in teams to visit other classrooms for the purpose of improving instruction collaboratively
Tuesday, August 14 -
- We're sending Mrs. Baxter to the GISD for Social Studies training to bring back to the staff
Wednesday, August 15 -
- We're hosting teachers from Novi Schools to see Guided Reading groups
- PTC Open Meeting at 3:45
- Parent Volunteer Training from 6:30-7:00 in the gym
Thursday, August 16 -
- "If you are always trying to be normal you will never know how amazing you can be" - author unknown
Friday, August 17 -
- Be the reason someone smiles
Parent Volunteer Training
Tuesday, Aug. 14th, 6:30-7pm
Do you know the difference between a "visitor" to the school and a "volunteer"? Do you know if you need to be a volunteer in order to chaperone a field trip?
If you aren't certain of the correct answer to these questions and have always wanted to volunteer at school then please come and join us for a brief Parent Volunteer training.