Earthquakes and Volcanoes Project
By Ben H, Collin H, Rachel B.
Name and date of earthquake: Charleston: August 31, 1886.
What type of boundary caused the earthquake: Intraplate.
What was the magnitude of the earthquake: 7.0
What was the location of the epicenter: Charleston, SC in USA.
What was the depth of the focus: 20 Miles.
How many deaths resulted from the earthquake: 60.
How much damage did the earthquake cause: $5-6 million dollars.
Is there anything else interesting about this earthquake: It’s Max. Intensity was X (Extreme)
- Name of Volcano. Mt St Helens
- Where is the volcano located? Washington
- What type of volcano is it? Stratovolcano
- What major cities are in danger if it erupts? Wyoming, Nevada, Colorado, the Dakotas and Nebraska.
- When was the last major eruption? May-18- 1980.
- How many deaths resulted from the last major eruption? 27 dead, 47 lost and can't be found.
- How much damage did the last eruption cause (in US dollars?) Several million dollars.
- Is there anything else interesting about this volcano? It is a state park.