Shamrock Gardens Dragon Direct
Think Different. Do Different. Be Different.
Week of May 9th-May 13th
The Week at a Glance
Monday, May 16, 2016:
- TRC testing Continues
- Extended Day Tutoring-5th Grade Math (Polsgrove & Hoke), 4th Grade Literacy (Miller), 4th Grade Math (Butler & McLeod)
Tuesday, May 17, 2016
- LAST Day of TRC Testing
- 5th Grade 1/2 Day Planning (PM)
- Extended Day Tutoring-5th Grade Literacy (Scharer & Polsgrove), 3rd Grade Literacy (Corpuz), 4th Grade Literacy (Butler)
Wednesday May 18, 2016:
- Staff Meeting@ 3:30pm in Media Center
Thursday May 19, 2016:
- 1/2 Day Planning 1st Grade (AM)
- 1/2 Day Planning for 3rd Grade(PM)
- Send Home Thursday Folders-Send Home 2 work samples home with feedback
- Extended Day Tutoring-3rd Grade Literacy(Parker), 4th Grade Literacy (McLeod),3rd Grade Math (Allen)
- Step Up Night
5:00-5:30pm-Famlies Visit Rising Grade Level Classroom to hear about upcoming grade level expectations
5:30-6:00pm-Read to Achieve Meeting for all 3rd Grade Families in Media Center & School-Wide Summer Updates & Summer Bridge Book Distribution in Media Center
6:00-6:30 pm-Dinner in Cafe
6:30-7:00 pm-PTA Board Elections in Cafe
Friday May 20, 2016:
- Happy Friday :)
- Last Day of Clubs 1-2@8:30-9:30am &3-5@ 9:30-10:30am
Shout Out to Mr. Steele...Check him out in the Charlotte Post
Parent Suvey at Step Up Night
Summer PD Opportunities! Hurry Slots Are Filling Fast! Don't Miss These Excellent Opportunities to Grow :)
Future Dates to Keep in Mind...
- Wednesday, May 25th-3rd & 5th Grade Reading EOG & Thursday, May 26th 3rd & 5th Grade Math EOG
- Friday, May 27th-Non-Required Teacher Workday
- Monday, May 30th- No School Memorial Day
- Wednesday, June 1st-4th Grade Reading EOG & Thursday, June 2nd-4th Grade Math EOG, 5th Grade Science EOG, and 3rd Grade Make-Up EOG for Read to Achieve
- Friday, June 3rd- Field Day
Guess the Shamrocker!
Summer Employment Opportunity
Currently, BELL is recruiting program managers, instructional coaches, program assistants, academic literacy teachers, enrichment teachers and teacher assistants. BELL’s classroom ratio is 20:2.
CMS employees interested in learning more about each position and how to apply online, can visit
http://www.experiencebell.org/jobs (click on NC - Charlotte in the location box).
If staff members have questions or want to find out more, they can contact the BELL Recruitment Team at 704.780.0935. Please help us promote this opportunity among our employees.
Check Out the 2016-2017 Tentative Placements & Map
*Please help us keep this information in house until the summer and not share classroom teacher placements with families to avoid any confusion/miscommunication as things may change due to enrollment numbers, as discussed during the staff meeting Wednesday.