News from Room 15
April 11-22, 2016
We had a great time learning about weather the last few weeks. I think the favorites were windy and stormy weather. For the next two weeks we will be learning about spring and flowers. Spring is a great time of year for learning about new life and outside activities. Some highlights will be planting flowers, matching mommy and baby animals, and making baseball cards. We will also be putting sentences together and continuing to work on writing our names.
- Discovery with Dads is coming up in a few weeks. Please return your RSVP slips and see below for more information.
- We would love to have more parents in for classroom helpers! There are still plenty of days to sign-up. If you are unable to come in for the day but can send in a snack, we would appreciate that too.
Have a great week!
~ Ms. Jackie, Mrs. Joyce, and Mrs. Ingle
Theme and Stories We Will Share
Spring and Flowers
When Spring Comes by Robert Maass
Spring Is Here! by Mary Packard
Now I Know Baby Animals by Melvin and Gilda Berger
Grow Flower, Grow! by Lisa Bruce
In the Garden by Scholastic
Now I Know Seeds by Melvin and Gilda Berger
We will know the name and sound for the letters Yy and Zz. (literacy)
We will be able to write the letters Yy and Zz. (literacy)
We will be able to repeat rhyming words. (literacy)
We will understand the concepts of print and writing. (literacy)
We will be able to compose sentences. (literacy)
We will be able to write our names. (literacy)
We will be understand that pictures match the words when writing. (literacy)
We will know the names of common shapes. (math)
We will know the characteristics of different shapes. (math)
We will be able to continue and create patterns. (math)
We will understand how to be safe, kind, and responsible in the hallways. (PBS)
We will know ways to calm out bodies when we are upset. (PBS)
We will be able to tell signs of spring.
We will know the life cycle of a plant.
Activities for Home
Point out signs of spring – such as green leaves, baby animals, bugs, or flowers.
Ask your students to point to words or show you “where to go” when reading.
Point out items that have the shape of circles, squares, triangles, and rectangles.
- Friday, April 22nd - Book Orders due
- Friday, April 22nd - Rescheduled Self Control Lesson with Mrs. Beth
- April 28th-29th - Discovery with Dads (more information to come)
- May 2nd-6th - Duckling Days - wear duckling shirts or blue and yellow
- May 4th - Kindergarten transition lessons with Mrs. Beth
- May 12 & 13th - Field Days
- Friday, May 13th - End of the Year Party (more information to come)
- May 16th, 17th , 18th - These will all be MWF attendance days.
- Wednesday, May 18th - Last day for MWF am and pm classes
- Thursday, May 19th - Last day for TTh am classes - NO pm classes
Discovery with Dads
April 28th & 29th will be Discovery with Dads! Students are invited to bring a dad, grandpa, uncle, or an adult male in their lives to share in the fun and exciting activities. All students will be able to participate even if they are not able to bring a special adult. Activities will be ongoing all morning, so it is okay if “dad” is not able to stay the whole time. If you have any questions, please let me know.
April 12-14: Roman M.
April 15-17: Braedyn K.
April 22-24: Shiza N.
April 25-27: Liam S.
April 29-May 1: Emma S.