Wednesday Morning PLC - PBIS Data
March 13, 2013
Question of the Day: Do we have Dirty Data?
To give you some background information: We're referring to Dirty Data as an inconsistency in issuing student referrals (MBI’s & SIR’s). For example:
- Johnny gets a MBI in Mrs. Jones’ room for anything ranging from forgetting his pencil to being disrespectful.
- Johnny goes Mr. Smith’s room and gets a MBI for acting disrespectful BUT he could forget his pencil every day of the week and never get an MBI for that.
- Johnny goes to Ms. Brown’s room and is never issued an MBI, no matter what he does. What message is Johnny receiving, and how does he know that school wide expectations are being applied consistently from one classroom to the next?
Now, watch this video:
School Data - A Comedy
Here's Our PBIS Data
HERE'S YOUR TASK FOR WEDNESDAY MORNING
AS A GROUP, REFLECT ON OUR DATA AND ANSWER THESE QUESTIONS:
- What seems to be the most common location for problem behavior?
- What are the problem behaviors?
- Where are the behaviors happening?
- Are we reporting behaviors as we should, using MBI's?
- If not, what are the barriers preventing us from reporting as we should?
Enter your observations in the comment boxes below.