News and Notes
October 16, 2015
Our Awesome Educator of the Week is:
The future is ours because of what you do
Now you get the Lucky Longhorn Spot too!
The Future Is Ours...
Remember to tweet and hashtag :)
Don't forget to follow @lakesidecoppell
Thanks to those of you that TWEET on a regular basis :)
If you tend to TWEET but @LakesideCoppell never favorites or retweets your stuff, please let me know because that means that @LakesideCoppell is not following you.
Inspiring words from each of you....
Here's a strategy you can try....
A process in which students collect information about their own learning, analyze what it reveals about their progress toward the intended learning goals and plan the next steps intheir learning.
Last Week I shared:
The Three-Minute Pause provides a chance for students to stop, reflect on the concepts and ideas that have just been introduced, make connections to prior knowledge or experience, and seek clarification.
Trainings & Curriculum Updates
In an effort to keep you fully informed I'm including a link to the Curriculum Courier (admin newsletter). This link will give you access to current and past issues of the newsletter. The Courier will provide you with pertinent information for your grade and content area. Although some weeks are more informative than others you should try to review it regularly.
Curriculum Courier will be updated this coming Monday so please check this link next week.
Skye to Library Meeting on 10/22 @11:30
Kelly to Global Connections Meeting on 10/29 from 4-5:30
Maureen to Lit Conference on 11/2 & 11/3
Coaching Meeting on 11/4
Content Specialist Meetings on 11/12
Annelise to AP Meeting on 11/12
Cacey to Art Conference on 11/12 & 11/13
Becki to Nurse's Meeting 7:30-9 on 11/18
Annelise to Training 9-11 then Gema from 1-4 on 11/19
Jan to Counselor's Meeting on 11/19
KN2K (Knows & Need to Knows)
IT's TOY (Teacher of the Year) TIME!!!!
Please think about who you would like to nominate for this honor. We have had some fantastic representatives in the past but we have plenty more fantastic educators that are deserving of this title. :)
2015 Lakeside Red Ribbon October 26th- 30th
Leadership council Dress up Days
I believe in Me- Smart, Strong and Healthy!
Monday- Mix match day- “don’t get mixed up in bad choices.” Wear Mixed matched clothes, socks…
Tuesday- Team up against Drugs! Wear your favorite team jersey
Wednesday- Western day! Lasso bad habits
Thursday- Our future is Bright! Dress in neon colors and wear sunglasses
Friday- Red day – Longhorns are “red”y to be smart, strong and healthy!
(Assembly schedule) Red Ribbon Walk- directly following announcements: all students will walk the Lakeside perimeter and conclude at 8:15 in the front of school.
Healthy snacks will be served by community members.
Clarity Survey information was sent out by Megan - It will take approximately 15 minutes to complete and should be completed by October 22nd. Parents also received a survey in Just the Facts this week.
Character Education - Thanks for your hard work and valuable input on Wednesday!
Brain Pop and Tumble Books have been ordered :)
*Please set up you Brain Pop account - I will change the main password and login TODAY
19) Kaitlynn Returns! plus Staff Meeting
- On the agenda Character and Behavior RtI
- Snacks from PTO
20) Carla & Liz to Transformation In Action Visits plus Gema to Principal's Meeting
21) The Gift of Time for K, 1, 4 and SpEd :)
22) 3rd grade Program
23) End of the First Nine Weeks and SPIRIT RALLY
- New to Lakeside? Please ask your team leaders where to go, what time to arrive, where to sit and what to expect for your first Spirit Rally.
26) STAFF MEETING MONDAY - The Gift of Time :)
26-30) Red Ribbon Week (see notes above)
27) Grades Due and Gema to Principal's Meeting (UbD training is a part of my agenda)
28) The Gift of Time for 2,3, and 5 :)
29) SO MUCH:
- Scarecrow Parade**
- PARENT LEARNING WALKS! @9 AND 1 plus
- First grade field trip to the Zoo
- New to Lakeside? Make sure you ask a buddy what the first two things mean.
30) TEACHER OF THE YEAR NOMINATIONS DUE
30) Red Ribbon Walk (see notes above)
- and 2nd grade Poetry Celebration (please create and use a Google Doc RSVP)
- plus Report Cards go home
31) Cardboard Challenge
1) FALL BACK
2) STAFF MEETING MONDAY - The Gift of Time (*If a committee needs to meet they can)
4) Picture Retakes
4-6) SKY RANCH: (Cindy & Lisa will join 5th grade)
9) STAFF MEETING MONDAY
10) Gema to Principal's Meeting
11) Veteran's Day
12) 1st grade Program
13) 4th grade Fine Arts Field Trip and 2nd grade to the BEC plus Dad's Club Campout
16-20) BOOK FAIR (Skye will share a detailed schedule in the coming weeks)
17) Gema to Principal's Meeting
19) Kinder Feast
20) TURKEY DRIVE
23-27) HAPPY THANKSGIVING ENJOY A WEEK OF FAMILY FRIENDS FUN & FOOD!
"Character is the noblest of possessions.”- Unknown
“In the middle of difficulty lies opportunity.” - Einstein
6) Kathy White and Maureen Salmon
26) Becca Conn
Walking Wednesday is Back...
If you choose to participate please be sure to adhere to Cindy's guidelines :)
One thing Cindy did not mention is that even though jeans are already a Wednesday option warm-ups (an even more dressed down option) are a perk. Plus a healthy heart. <3
Wednesdays will be College Days for staff and students
Fridays with a Lakeside or CISD Tee
Thursdays during CHS FOOTBALL SEASON with the CISD Education Tee