Goshen Falcon SOARS
August 5, 2020
Tabitha's Way will be hosting the Annual Backpack Giveaway. Tabitha's Way acogerá el sorteo anual de mochilas
Tabitha's Way will be hosting the Annual Backpack Giveaway
Saturday, August 8, from 10 a.m. - 12 p.m.
Tuesday - Friday, August 11 - 14, from 11 a.m. - 2 p.m.
Tuesday, August 11, evening from 6 - 8 p.m.
Tabitha’s Way Local Food Pantry
45 East 100 North, Spanish Fork
If you are struggling, come pick up a backpack with school supplies while supplies last.
For all students in need: at-school learning or remote learning students.
Due to COVID-19, no vouchers are required. Please stay in your vehicle and wear a face mask while following the drive-thru process.
Tabitha's Way acogerá el sorteo anual de mochilas
Sábado, 8 de agosto, de 10 a.m. a 12 p.m.
Martes - Viernes, 11 - 14 de agosto, de 11 a.m. a 2 p.m.
Martes, 11 de agosto, noche de 6 a 8 p.m.
Tabitha's Way Despensa de Alimentos Local
45 Este 100 Norte, Horquilla Española
Si tiene problemas, venga a recoger una mochila con material escolar mientras duren los suministros.
Para todos los estudiantes necesitados: estudiantes de aprendizaje en la escuela o de aprendizaje remoto.
Debido a COVID-19, no se requieren vales.
Dear Goshen Families,
I want to share with you the plans that are in place for the beginning of the 2020-21 school year. Because of COVID, I realize this is not that we wanted for our students, staff, and parents this fall. However, we are moving cautiously forward. Our goal is to provide a great experience for our students.
When you registered, you selected where you want your child this fall: At-School Learning or Remote Learning (online school).
At-School Learning is for those students returning to Goshen Elementary this fall. I have been working with all of our teachers to create protocols that follow the State and Health Department Guidelines to make sure our school is safe. The teachers have been working hard to prepare their classrooms and the academic courses for their students.
The guidelines we will follow in school:
- Teachers, Staff and Students will wear face coverings (masks or shields)when social distancing is not possible. (We have purchased 2 washable masks for each student, plus a mask lanyard and a shield.)
- Students and staff will follow protocol for washing hands. Hand sanitizer will also be available throughout the school.
- Our school, classrooms, and playgrounds will be sanitized daily following state guidelines.
- Parents/Guardians/Visitors will need to wear a face covering when coming into the school. All visitors will check in at the office.
- All parent volunteers will need to wear face coverings while working with students. Please do not bring preschoolers with you.
- We will have regular recess along with breaks throughout the day where students do not have to wear face coverings.
- We will have specialty rotations as usual, including library, art, PE and computers.
- We will social distance for breakfast/lunch.
- No face coverings will be worn at lunch or at lunch recess.
- For now, no assemblies or field trips are scheduled.
- Our counselor will provide class lessons on dealing with anxiety and loss. There will be a special place where students may take a break and reset if needed.
- We will hold SEP Conferences with parents wearing face coverings or using ZOOM.
- IEP Goals and 504 Plans will be followed.
We are encouraging:
- Students to bring sack lunches that can be thrown away. However, if students bring a lunch box, they will be placed in a designated area instead of a tub with other lunch containers.
- Students to bring their own water bottle. Teachers will help them refill as needed throughout the day.
- No personal supplies – we have them for every student. We will also provide a homework folder for each child.
- Walking students to arrive no earlier than 8:40 am. (School starts at 9:15 am)
Remote Learning is an online experience taught by a certified teacher from Nebo School District. The students take the course on the learning platform CANVAS and complete a
number of modules, which include lessons and assignments each day focusing on reading, writing, math, and science. The workload is about 2-4 hours a day. There will be opportunities to have face-to-face interaction with the teacher through ZOOM Meetings. Parents and students communicate with their teacher via email, CANVAS, and ZOOM Meetings. Appointments may also be set up for parent-teacher meetings.
IEPs and 504 plans will be accommodated through your Remote Learning teachers. Students will receive grades for their work as outlined by their teacher. Parents and Guardians will play a big part in supporting and helping their child with Remote Learning.
We are looking forward to having our students back with us. We are here to support and help you! I want the very BEST for our students. Our teachers are caring and sensitive to their students needs. If you have concerns about the things we have in place, please call and we can discuss them.
Thanks for your support!
A few dates to remember:
- August 10- Class Assignments are available online through the iCampus Parent Portal.
- August 18th-Open House-more information coming
- August 19th-First day of school for 1st-5th Grades
- KEEP Assessment for Kindergarten students – by appointment only (watch for more information)
- August 26th-First day of school for Kindergarten students.