Distribution of Material
Need translation? | ¿Necesita traducción? | Precisa de tradução?
ENGLISH: Need translation? Just click "Translate" at the top of your screen!
ESPAÑOL: ¿Necesita traducción? Haga clic en "Translate" (traducir) en la parte superior de la pantalla.
PORTUGUÊS: Precisa de tradução? Clique em “Translate” (traduzir) no topo da tela!
Distribution of Material
Framingham-based, youth-oriented service groups are permitted to distribute recruitment material at four (4) periods during the school year. This Smore is one way that the District shares submitted material to all FPS families. For more information on this, please visit the FPS Website: Distribution of Recruitment Material or you can review the March program information below!
Interested in submitting material for your organization? Read on!
- Complete the Google Form version of the application.
- Materials will not be distributed without approval from the Media and Communications Office.
- According to School Committee policy, “All material to be distributed through the Framingham Schools must be provided in three languages (English, Spanish and Portuguese).”
- Only Framingham-based, non-profit, youth oriented groups will be considered for approval.
- Materials are distributed under the auspices of the School Department; therefore all messages must be free of grammatical and spelling errors to receive approval.
- All materials must contain the statement “Translations provided by… ” (please include the translation source). It is requested / recommended that the translations be provided by a human vs. Google for accuracy of messaging.
- PDFs delivered for digital / electronic distribution should be at least partially accessible**.
- Please allow 5 - 10 business days to process your request. If approved, you will receive your distribution instructions. If a printed distribution is approved, it will be the responsibility of the organization to package and deliver the materials to the schools.
**Accessibility: For people who have visual impairments and depend on a screen reader to receive their information - a scanned PDF is not accessible. The scanned document is essentially an image that has no identifiable text for a machine to read. The best kind of PDF will have tags, links, alt text for images, and proper titles and headings. At the very least, the text should be 'selectable'. Please see this article to learn more.
The mission of the Framingham Public Schools is to educate each student to learn and live productively as a critically-thinking, responsible citizen in a multicultural, democratic society by providing academically challenging instructional programs taught by highly-qualified staff and supported by comprehensive services in partnership with our entire community. For news, updates, and announcements, follow Framingham Public Schools (@FraminghamPS) on Facebook, Twitter, and (@framinghamschools) on Instagram. You can also join the conversation using #FraminghamSchools.