- the state of one who lacks a usual or socially acceptable amount of money or material possessions, insufficient resources
When you hear the word "poverty", what do you think of?
Amount of Poverty Worldwide...
How did poverty begin?
- Growing Populations in Both Small and Large Areas *No birth control
- Poor Health Services *Diseases
- Less & Less Food *No money to buy
- Living Conditions *Poor, Natural Disasters, War
Sides and beliefs of Worldwide Poverty.
- Impact varies according to difference in age, ethnicity, gender, region
- Violent Conflict *Crime, Grievance, Lack of Resources, Social Exclusion
- Provided Free or Discounted Health and Educated Care
- Equal Opportunity
- Big Problem
- Circumstances *Cause poorness
- Not enough work to get out of it or Unaware of help
- No work/ Don't want work
Why is this conflict of World Importance?
- Leads to violence
- Poor access to things *Food, Health, Insurance
- High Risk Diseases
- Affects so many
- Financial Stability
- Social/Wealth Inequality
Video on Facts of Worldwide Poverty...
World Poverty - The Facts
What do you think is the biggest poverty problem?
Worldwide Poverty Facts
- Millions of children die each year from not being immunized.
- Over 800 million people do not have enough to eat.
- More than 3 billion people live on less than $2.50 a day.
- Over 1 billion people live without electricity.
- More than 1 million people die each year from unsanitary water and poor sanitation.
- About 270 million have no access to health services.
What is being done to help with poverty...
- Job creations
- Food Stamps