Ms. Simac's 2nd Grade News
April 24, 2015
TIME for Math...
- What time will it be in 5 minutes?
- What time is it when I say, "quarter after 6" or "quarter to 3"?
- What time was it 10 minutes ago?
Thanks for your help and support!
I will be sending Superkids Backpack pages home. These are great practice for your child! They do NOT have to do these. They can return them to school if they'd like and I will give them a sticker. They will not be corrected. I strongly encourage you to read the fluency page each night with your child. It will take 2-5 minutes. Thanks!
Isabellah: We met a Marine, Mr. Crum.
Jason: We found out some facts about China.
Devon: It was cool!
Mrs. Simac: To everyone in the dance show - have fun and good luck! Can't wait to watch you!
- Be positive!
- Be truthful: make sure you believe what you say.
- Be as specific as possible.
- Think about what you like or admire about the person.
- Consider the person's strengths and talents.
We also discussed different character traits that we could personally compliment; for example: kind, generous, creative, considerate, responsible, respectful, understanding, helpful, loving, enthusiastic, nice, truthful, and awesome!