The 3C Herald
September 16, 2016
Abuzz with Excitement!
While third grade does not have music this year, we were so excited to welcome Mr. Kramer, the new music teacher, into our classroom to help teach us the school song. He brought his ukulele along with him, and boy did 3C sound good!
Tuesday 10/4 - Back to School Night (Second & Third Grade)
Monday 10/10 - Columbus Day - No School
Tuesday 10/11 - Professional Development Day - No School
Important Dismissal Information
Effective, Monday, September 19th, we will use the responses from this form to ensure the safe and proper dismissal of our students.
If there is ANY change to your student's dismissal, you must inform BPCS via our Change in Dismissal Request Form by 12:00 pm on the date of the change, no exceptions.
Loving Our First Weeks in 3C
Read, Baby, Read!
Spotlight on Writing
Mathematicians on a Mission
A Homework Note from Mr. Saunders
Dear 3rd Grade Families,
Students will start to receive homework this Monday from all three core subject areas: Math, Reading and Writing. It is important that students view homework as an important part of their learning and place value on completing the assignments. Please see the bullets below with details.
- Your student will have a homework folder that is sent home on Monday. The folder will include the assignments for all three classes. Please note we are not planning to use a packet format as was done in 2nd grade.
- Completed work is due back the following Monday, unless noted otherwise on the assignments.
- Homework will be reviewed in class and may or may not be graded. Homework will be returned to children and home as deemed appropriate.
- We will be including some more difficult problems in the assignments as was done last year. Please note that these assignments will be rotated between the three classes and designated with a star. We encourage families to have students attempt to solve/answer these problems.
- If a student does not complete the homework (excluding the starred task) they will be expected to attend Homework Help in the ASP to complete the exercise. This will mean that they miss parts of their enrichment time/robotics during the week. If your student does not regularly attend ASP, but is not completing the homework, we will ask that you support them by signing them up for Homework Help once a week.