St. Lawrence Catholic School
Every Friday Note
One Week Down!
We have had a great week of learning already at SLCS. Throughout the year, I will be sending communication home on Friday with news, updates, and highlights, so be on the lookout.
1. We have been able to celebrate mass together twice already. We are still getting back into the 'swing of things' since it had been a long time since we were able to celebrate mass regularly as a school.
2. When dropping off or picking up students, please do not enter the parking lot from 46th Street. That is used as an exit and it will interfere with the flow of traffic. Please enter our school parking lots using the Shadeland Avenue entrances. Another thing to keep in mind is that dropping off your child after 7:45 AM will result in a tardy. Picking up a child prior to 3:10 PM is considered an unexcused absence. Please remember and follow the school rules in regards to these times.
3. We are monitoring Covid restrictions and cases. Here are a few guidelines to follow if you have acquired or been in close contact with someone who has the virus. Please continue to send a mask with your child everyday to ensure we are being as safe as possible.
- Fully vaccinated close contacts should be referred for COVID-19 testing. If asymptomatic, fully vaccinated close contacts do not need to quarantine at home following an exposure (they can continue to attend school in-person and participate in other activities). In addition to correctly wearing masks in school, they should wear a mask in other indoor public settings for 14 days or until they receive a negative test result.
- Close contacts who are not fully vaccinated should be referred for COVID-19 testing. Regardless of test result, they should quarantine at home for 14 days after exposure. Options to shorten quarantine provide acceptable alternatives of a 10-day quarantine or a 7-day quarantine combined with testing and a negative test result.
4. The YMCA provides morning and afternoon care for your students, but they must be signed up through the YMCA. Here is the link to sign your child up for their services. It is completely independent from the school so registration must go through this link. The telephone number for Aftercare is 317-484-9622. https://indymca.org/youth-development-center/before-afterschool/
5. If you are still waiting for a school uniform, or are looking to order one, don't worry. We will be switching our school uniform provider in the coming weeks to a company that will provide online ordering and in person shopping. In the mean time, please have your child wear a solid color, collared red, black or gray shirt and khaki pants or khaki shorts. More information will be coming soon about the new provider.
6. Students may bring a water bottle to school to fill up at the filling stations. Do to Covid restrictions, our drinking fountains are turned off.