CIMARRON MIDDLE SCHOOL May 2018
Greetings Panther Parents,
This has been a wonderful school year and I can hardly believe we are almost finished! This month seems to fly by and we will be out of school and on summer break before you know it.
I love this time of year as I get to watch the 6th graders turn into 7th graders; the 7th graders realize they are going to be the “big dogs” on campus next year, and the 8th graders' excitement about becoming Bulldogs reaching near uncontainable levels! It is also special as this year's 8th graders move to Memorial and will become their 100th graduating class!
As a kiddo, I remember wanting the time to go quickly as I looked forward to the next grade or next big life event. Now I watch my kids, Collins 5 (in pre-K) and Will 3 this week, and want it all to slow down, stop even. I bet you can relate to that feeling, but there are still a lot of great moments left to enjoy!
Speaking of moments to enjoy, we have a lot of end-of-year activities coming up! From concerts to 8th-grade graduation it is sure to be a fun-filled last few weeks of school. This newsletter is packed full of useful dates and information about not only 8th Grade activities but also lots of Cimarron activities. Be sure to check it out!
And this being the last newsletter of the school year, I wanted to say thank you. Thank you for sending your amazing students to Cimarron. We are better for knowing them and spending time with them every day! Middle school is a fun and always changing place and I love every minute of it!
Thank you for another great year and have a safe and blessed summer!
PAY STUDENT FINES AND FEES THIS MONTH!
Unpaid fines and fees must be paid by the end of this school year or they will prevent your student from getting a yearbook this month and obtaining a schedule next fall.
In order to determine the amount your student owes, you may email Janet Puckett at email@example.com, call the Cimarron Finance Office at 726-5509 or check the online parent site in the following way:
Log onto the online parent site at https://ok-edmond.intouchreceipting.com/signin.aspx. The User Name will be your student’s School ID (ask your student for the number). The password will be the student’s last name beginning with a capital letter. You will then be directed to the payment system where you can view the fees/fines.
Payment can be made in one of the following ways:
Online – While on the parent portal (instructions above), select the item you wish to pay and use a credit card to make your payment. A small fee will be applied.
Deliver to the Finance Office – You or your student may bring the payment (cash or checks only) directly to the Finance Office. It is located in the main office at Cimarron and opens from 7:15 am – 3:15 pm daily. Checks should be made payable to Cimarron MS and a receipt will be printed and given to your student.
Mail your payment: Send your check to the Cimarron Finance Office, c/o Janet Puckett, 3701 S. Bryant, Edmond, OK 73013
If paying with a check, please include your student’s name in the memo line of the check and make sure a phone number is printed or written on the check.
MEDIA CENTER NEWS
Monday, May 7 6:00 pm at Cimarron
Thursday, May 10 6:00 pm at Edmond Memorial High School
$20 CASH ONLY
Enter through the Freshman Academy off of Scott Street
Every athlete must have a physical before the start of the school year. To download and print the REQUIRED OSSAA form, visit www.edmondschools.net under Athletics Tab.
You must also create an account with RankOne Sports. Got to www.rankonesports.com click "for parents", followed by "fill out electronic forms", click the drop-down and select "OK" for Oklahoma, choose "Edmond Public Schools" and then "register now."
If you have any questions, please contact Assistant Principal and Athletic Director Carrie Higdon at 340-2935.
8TH GRADE INFORMATION AND DATES!
CLASS OF 2022 Centennial T-SHIRTS
Order your 8th-Grade Centennial t-shirt celebrating the 100th Bulldog graduating class! $18 Exact Cash/Check Payable to CPTO. Visit the Cimarron Website at www.cimarron.edmondschools.net for the order form and more details. Orders due May 10th for delivery the last week of school.
Graduation Dress Code - While 8th Grade Graduation is an exciting and special event, it still falls under the Cimarron Dress Code. Don't let inappropriate dress stop your student from participating. Click here for Dress Code Information: https://goo.gl/gjB5cH
Dates to Remember:
Tuesday, May 22 - Graduation Rehearsal
Wednesday, May 23 - Turn in Chromebook
Thursday, May 24 - Yearbook Signing and Locker Cleanout!
Thursday, May 24 - 8th Grade Dance, 6:00 pm, Cimarron Cafeteria
Friday, May 25 - Last Day of School and 8th Grade Graduation, 10:30 am First Baptist Church - Students will be released for the day following graduation. Must have a parent/guardian signature.
2018-2019 ENROLLMENT FACTS:
- All pre-enrollment forms MUST be turned into the school. If your student has not turned in their enrollment, please contact the school office.
- Beginning in July, ALL parents will be required to complete the Annual Update for their students via the Parent Portal. One parent in each household must have a Parent Portal account. If you do not have a Parent Portal account set up, please come by the Cimarron office for assistance.
- The Oklahoma State Department of Health requires all students entering the 7th grade receive the Tdap booster shot. If your child has already received the Tdap, please send a copy of the updated shot record to the Cimarron office.
- All changes or updates to your child's information must be made BY YOU in Parent Portal. (e-mail, phone numbers, adding additional contacts, etc.) The only exception is an address change. Parents MUST provide the required two proofs of residence to the registrar before it can be changed in the Infinite Campus system.
A big Panther shout out to all our amazing CPTO volunteers and specifically for the executive board and committee chairs this year:
Co-Presidents : Lori Briggs and Jennifer Fett
Vice President: Katie Rucker-Hobbs
Treasurer: Heather Selby
Box Tops: Julie Schneider
Check writing campaign: Julie Hoff
Restaurant Nights: Shana Myers
Staff Appreciation: Laura Jarvis and Becca Kincade
Hospitality: Sherry Coit
Panther Pals: Kay Hurley
Pizza Days: Holly Smith and Louisa Kinzer
Panther Grille: Michelle Matthews and Tyna Kelley
And a special thank you again to ALL the other many VOLUNTEERS who served in various capacities throughout the year through the PTO committees. Cimarron is truly blessed with the best community of servant's hearts!
Our last CPTO meeting is Tuesday, May 8th at 8:45 am in the media center. We’d love to have you join us as we tie up loose ends for this year and start to look ahead to next! And of course, you won’t want to miss the opportunity to win a door prize and enjoy a snack!
Hope to see you there!
Lori Briggs, CPTO Co-Chair
Jennifer Fett, CPTO Co-Chair
Thank you to our wonderful business partners who helped contribute to our fun fundraiser week!
Thank you, students and families, who purchased smoothies and donuts!
We have raised over $300 on the first day to put toward sweet treats for the teacher's lounge!
CPTO HELP WANTED!!
CPTO is still looking for the following positions for the 2018-2019 school year:
For more information, please contact Jennifer Fett at 471-1319. It's a great way to get involved, support your student, and help your Panthers!
PANTHER BEAUTIFICATION May 5
There is still time to help donate Lowe’s gift cards for Cimarron Beautification Day on May 5th supported by Edmond’s First Baptist Church!
Thank you to EFBC for providing a labor of love on May 5th to our landscaping at Cimarron and also to Lowes and Home Depot for their contributions.
GOOD TO KNOW
- In the event of a school emergency/situation, Mr. Ehrich will communicate quickly to parents through the SchoolWay app. If you have a smartphone, please download this app: www.myschoolway.com, select Cimarron and set up your device for push notifications.
- If you are having problems with your Parent Portal account, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Panther Pals are parent volunteers helping on a weekly basis in the workroom. Contact the CPTO to sign up!
- Pizza Day is a monthly event during lunch hosted by the CPTO. The money raised benefits Cimarron! The circle of…pizza! $1 per slice / $10 per box, $1 - Drinks
- Fun Food Friday is a twice a month sweet treat fundraiser for students. Everything is $1
- Panther Grill is a monthly luncheon for students who are nominated by their teachers for displaying a recognizable positive character trait.
- The Golden Paw/AOK Award Assembly is a monthly grade level assembly to recognize and commend students for exceptional qualities.
- Please continue to collect Box Tops. They all add up to benefit Cimarron Panthers!
- This Panther Prowl newsletter is produced monthly by Cimarron Middle School. If you have submissions, photos or suggestions, please contact Mr. Ehrich’s secretary, Robbi Kinnaird at email@example.com. We would love to hear from you.
CIMARRON MIDDLE SCHOOL
Principal Cordell Ehrich
Assistant Principal Carrie Higdon
Assistant Principal Link Lowe
School Hours - 7:50 AM - 2:40 PM
Office Hours - 7:15 AM - 3:15 PM.