Magic in the Middle Memo #1
August 26, 2020
I hope that everyone is staying safe and healthy and starting to get excited for a new school year. Each week you will be receiving a communication called the Magic in the Middle Memo. My goal is to provide you with what you need in terms of information and updates. All memo's will then be placed on the website so that you can refer to them at any time.
What is happening next?
- 8/31- during this full week all staff will be engaged in virtual professional development. This is like teacher preseason camp. We are getting ready for you and we are always learning and growing as educators.
- Next few days...Be on the look-out for the release of virtual orientation for all students and families.
- 9/1- student schedules will go live on Power School.
- School supply list attached below.
- Please check your information in Power School to be sure it is current with phone and email addresses. If you need to make changes please let the office know via email or phone. firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
- 9/3- Students with the following courses on their schedule will come to Arcola for pick-up: READ 180, Honors Pre-Algebra grade 7. Times for Grade 7 pick-up are from 8-11am and times for grade 8 pick-up are from 1-4pm. There will be tables in front of the building with materials ready and marked. Please park, proceed to the tables in front of the main door. Masks and social distancing are required. When you approach the table please provide your child's name.
- Instruments will also be available for pick-up on 9/3 and more information from the music department will be forthcoming. The location for pick-up is the Skyview instrument door, to the right of the Skyview entrance. Please park, proceed to the tables in front of the main door. Masks and social distancing are required. When you approach the table please provide your child's name.
- 9/30- Our Virtual Back to School Night, more information to come.
- Please see the link for a short survey for potential social opportunities on premises: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/FJKW8NY
If you feel like you are on information overload it is OK, I am as well! Here are my top tips for you as parents:
- Stay organized, calm and ask questions.
- Encourage your children to be independent and take on their learning; re-direct them to seek the answer and have them contact their teacher.
- Give yourself time and breaks and allow them to do the same.
- Get plenty of rest.
We are here for you! Take Care and stay strong.