By: Karina Cosio
What He Did
- Patients would walk in with chronic back pain, desperate for help.
- His solution was to fuse their spines, it wasn't even necessary.
- In some cases he would cut patients up, close them without doing anything at all,
- He did surgery on just about every patient to walk into his office for help.
Why He Did It
- Dr. Sabit lied to insurance companies about implanting devices to help their chronic back pain.
- He illegally co-owned the company that made those devices.
- He made $12,000 of profit on the side from using them.
- The more devices he used to more money he made on the side.
- Dr. Sabit ended up pleading guilty.
- He received nine years in federal prison.