Happy New Year! December was a really enjoyable month at Elmdale School. I am so proud of the hard work from students and staff to make this year's Christmas Concert a resounding success! Ms Redekop does an amazing job organizing and preparing the students for the concert. It truly isn't the Christmas Season until you've watched a Christmas concert put on by a bunch of kids!
January is always a fun month as well. It's exciting to watch the students return to school and share about their adventures over the Christmas Holidays. As the weather turns much colder we need to remember all of our outdoor gear, because if the weather allows we will head outside for recess! We even purchased some new sleds (thanks to PAC) which will add to the recess fun.
We want to welcome Mrs. Colleen Watchorn to our school as she does some special art activities with each of the classes!
We are looking forward to some more Bucket Filling Field trips in January and February, so don't forget to look for ways to show kindness and earn some green slips!
Mr. Vince Hiebert
Principal: Elmdale School
Bus Stop Behaviour
From the HSD Transportation website:
- Be at the bus stop five minutes before the scheduled arrival time of the bus.
- Do not run to or from the bus stop.
- Choose the safest walking route to and from the bus stop and keep well clear of the road while waiting for the bus.
- Be certain that the road is clear or traffic is stopped before crossing the road.
- Line up for the bus in single file with the first person no closer than 2 meters from the roadside. No crowding, pushing or horseplay while waiting at the bus stop
Also, remember that riding the bus is a privilege. Unsafe behaviour at the bus stop may result in a loss of bus privileges.
Online Registration for Kindergarten
We Care! Safety Books
Due to the nature of the content in the booklet, we would prefer that parents pick up their child’s copy from the school office rather than sending them home in the student backpacks. It should be noted that the content printed in these booklets is not necessarily the same views shared by the Hanover School Division or the staff at Elmdale School. If you have any questions please feel free to contact the school office.
A big thank you to everyone for donating food items for Steinbach's Community Christmas. 600 items were brought in which were used for this year's Christmas Hampers. A huge thank you to volunteer Anita Unrau for giving so much of her time to make this a success! Way to go Elmdale!
Save the Date
Hot Lunch Reminder
With the cold weather we have noticed an increase of sickness among students. A few things to note:
- We do not provide indoor supervision during recess, so we cannot accommodate notes that indicate a child should stay inside at recess. Please ensure your child has enough cold weather clothing to go outside for recess.
- If your child has been sick, please ensure that enough time has passed before sending them back to school - this helps prevent the spread of illness in the school. A good rule of thumb is 24 hours after they have started antibiotics, 24 hours after their fever has broken, and 24 hours after the last time they have thrown up.
- If you are keeping your child at home, please remember to contact the school to let us know.
"Soup's On" School Lunches
Bus Times, Routes & Address Changes
Please check our website for the bus pick up times and location near your house.
If your address has changed, please call transportation at 204-320-2347 to make sure that your children are riding the correct bus to and from school.