The Bulldog Beat
Featuring the News at the Heart of the SHS Counseling Center
Free & Reduced Lunch Application
Does your student qualify for Free or Reduced price lunches? Fill out the form to update your information.
Who Is My Counselor?
Student's counselor assignments are divided by House or Academy. Each student applied to and was accepted into an Academy, or assigned to a House. By knowing what House/Academy a student belongs to, you can determine a student's counselor assignment.
Eng. & Arch. Academy,
Business & IT Academy,
Human Services House
Law & Pub. Safety Academy,
Arts & Comm. House
Thirsty for More than Knowledge?
Due to health restrictions water fountains aren't in working order. It is a good idea for students to bring refillable water bottles with them each day. There are currently 2 filling stations on the south side of campus.
Free Child Care for Essential Workers
Quick Covid Precautions
Should you take the ACT?
We recommend that students wait to take the ACT until after they have taken Algebra 2 or in the Spring semester of their Junior year, if they plan to attend a college or university. Juniors will take the test for free in February. If you know what post-secondary school you would like to attend, visit their admissions page to review required entrance exams and required scores for admittance.
- National Suicide Prevention Month - September 1-30 Each year, the Suicide Lifeline and other mental health organizations and individuals raise awareness of suicide prevention during National Suicide Prevention Month.
- National Spanish Heritage Month - September 15- Oct. 15
- Labor Day Holiday - September 7th - No school
- Virtual College Fair (TBD)
- Student Led Conferences (2 Nights the Week of Sept. 14)
- FAFSA Opens - October 1