Madonna School News
February 9, 2020
The email was called
EICS ASSURANCE SURVEY --> it was emailed on Monday, January 27th. We do need a parent voice for our planning next year. Thank you so kindly for filling it out.
12. 4P Pioneer Court
14. PD Day NO SCHOOL FOR STUDENTS
17. FAMILY DAY SCHOOL CLOSED NO SCHOOL FOR STUDENTS & STAFF
19. 100th DAY DRESS UP LIKE YOU ARE 100 YEARS OLD
20. OPEN HOUSE 6:30 pm
20. Kindergarten Number Farm
21. Kindergarten Number Farm
21. Gr. 3T & Gr. 1L Vohon Ukrainian Dance Show
21. FLEX Session 3 starts
25. Gr. 4 Field Trip. Bennett Center
25. SHROVE TUESDAY
26. ASH Wednesday. Mass 10:00 am
26. Brighter Beginnings / Pre K Technology FOP 9:00 am
27. Pink Shirt Day Assembly
28. FLEX session 3 starts
Tournament of Books Begins
4. Early Dismissal
6. NO SCHOOL FOR STUDENTS
13. Bend the Rules Day
19. Jersey Day Wear your favorite teams Jersey
20. Grade 1 Building Bee Houses
25. Parent - Student - Teacher Conferences
26. Parent - Student - Teacher Conferences
March 27 - April 5 Spring Break
6. First Day Back to School
All Parents and children are Invited to the Open House on Feb 20th. @ 6:30. Prizes will be drawn
PARENT PORTAL AND FEES
February 5, 2020
Dear Elk Island Catholic School Community,
The safety, health, and well-being of our students and staff is our top priority within Elk Island Catholic Schools (EICS). We understand that parents and guardians may have questions about the Novel Coronavirus and how this will be managed in schools.
As with all matters regarding public health, EICS is actively involved in communication with Alberta Health Services (AHS) and we take guidance and direction on health matters from them. The latest communication from AHS advises that the risk to public health in Alberta from the Novel Coronavirus remains low. For parents and guardians interested in more information about this issue, please visit the Alberta Health website located at:
Here are a few highlights from our protocols and administrative procedures on dealing with influenza-related issues in our schools:
- remind all students about normal precautions to take which include frequent handwashing, covering one’s mouth and nose when coughing, staying at home if feeling ill, and contacting a doctor or 811 Health Link if there are any questions or concerns about their health.
- ensure EICS handwashing posters are located in every student and staff washroom.
- adding additional washroom checks by the custodial staff at each school. Cleaning is an essential part of our prevention strategy. In EICS, we are especially conscious of high-cleaning standards during flu season and have dedicated and well-trained staff performing this important work.
- continue to follow current processes for monitoring and reporting of unusual cases of illness and clusters of illness using our established AHS Zone Public Health contacts.
Once again, please know that health and safety are priorities across the division in EICS for everyone and that we will continue to respond responsibly and immediately to any advice we receive from AHS.
Take care, everyone.