Ms. Harris's Weekly Update
Weekly Assessments and Assignments
- Wednesday: Math Quick Quiz on Identifying Fractions and Fractions on a Number Line
- Friday: Spelling Test/ SS Unit Test
- Tuesday Nov. 24th: Science Quiz on Lesson 4 "Animal Senses"
- I know we just got back from a field trip, but because of the holiday season quickly approaching, we will be sending the next field trip permission slip home on Wednesday. On January 15th we will be going to Discovery Place to attend their Animal Adaptation workshop. The cost of the trip is $18. We are encouraging parents, if possible, to pay online at https://www.studentquickpay.com/fort-mill/ The permission slip and money are due on December 9th. If you are interested in being a chaperone on this trip, please let me know as soon as possible.
- Also going home this week will be the directions for our "Expert Exhibit" project. This is a nonfiction research project that students will be completing in their literacy blocks. Your child's literacy teacher will be sending home information sometime over the next few weeks. If your child is in my literacy class, they will receive the directions on Tuesday. The project will culminate in the students dressing up as experts and presenting their findings on December 17th from 1:30-2:00. Parents are welcome to come and hear their presentations during this time. If you have any questions once you read the project directions, please let your child's literacy teacher know.
- Until I am able to create a Fraction Symbaloo page, please have your children use the link below to practice the fraction concepts being taught in class.
- A big THANK YOU to everyone who was able to send in Clorox wipes this week. We go through about a container a week. If you are ever at the store and can grab an extra tub for us, we would greatly appreciate it!!!