Living and Learning with Respect
Wednesday 2nd February 2022
Our Room 1 Cuties
Staffing and Classes
Room 1 (currently operating out of the library) Year 1 - Ms Hey
(This is the children who are 'brand new' as well as those who started towards the end of 2021)
Room 2 Year 1 and 2 - Miss Duncan
Room 3 Year 3 - Miss Reynolds
Room 4 Year 4 and 5 - Mrs Andrews
Room 5 Year 5 and 6 - Mr Mercer
Room 6 Year 6 and 7 - Miss Hulme (pronounced without the 'l')
Room 7 Year 7 and 8 - Miss Dravitzki
None of us really want to wear one and everyone feels uncomfortable about it.
We have some vulnerable children in our school as well as staff members with underlying conditions which put them at greater risk. We are all doing everything we can to protect these people and to keep this virus minimised in our community. Wearing masks is part of it. Please be mindful and remind your children that this is not our decision! Thankyou!
Bits & Pieces ...
- It is important we have up to date and accurate contact information. If your circumstances - emails, phone numbers or address have changed please email email@example.com or phone 7648643
- Our school office is open from 8.30am -1pm daily. Outside of these hours the phone is checked regularly. Please do not direct message, txt or seesaw teachers during the day if you are picking your child up early.
- Swimming is part of our curriculum. Children swim EVERY day!
- School starts for the day at 8.55am. It is important that your child is at school by this time.
- If your child is absent please ring through or notify the office via link on the website https://www.ngaere.school.nz/report-an-absence/ or txt school phone 0272219842 or via SkoolLoop. We would prefer parents do not use Seesaw regarding absences.
- All families should have access to Seesaw by the end of the week. If you don't, or are unsure please email your child's teacher (email addresses on the school website)
- School newsletters are emailed (via SkoolLoop) weekly (usually on a Wednesday) around midday. If you require a paper copy, please let Jenny in the office know.
We are very excited to hold our first Maize Maze event on Friday 18th February. Entry will be $5 per person and will run from 5pm to 8pm (with the last entry to the maze being 7pm). There will be food and drink available to buy. This will be a vaccine pass only event. Other dates are Sunday 20th Feb 11am -3pm, Friday 25th Feb 5pm - 8pm (No vaccine pass required), Sunday 27th Feb 11am -3pm and possibly 4th and 6th March as well. Children will receive a flier with all the dates and information next week.
Helpers are needed for each of the openings. If you can assist the PTA even for a little while please contact Rebecca Moratti 0279718037
Thank you to the Evans family (Erin & Mark) for the donation of a bull calf in Dec. last year.
During the holidays the sand was replaced in the sandpit. A huge thank you to Vickers Quarries, York Rd, Midhirst for the donation of the sand and to Uhlenbergs Haulage, Eltham for carting it.
We have purchased another Ngaere School gazebo which will be significantly lighter to use at sporting events. We are also in the process of purchasing a teardrop flag which again, will be used when out and about at events.
A reminder that all school uniform purchases (made through the office) are payable to the PTA. Account number 15-3951-0390909-00
We now have available Ngaere School swim caps for purchase - $15
AGM - Please consider joining this hardworking group of mums. We also have a lot of fun along the way! Come along to the Annual General Meeting to be held 15th March 7pm in the staffroom. You won't be expected to take up an office holder position!
What's on this term?
- Wednesday 2 Feb - Board meeting
- Monday 7 Feb - Waitangi Day public holiday (Mondayised)
- Tuesday 8th - Friday 11 Feb - Swim intensive with Ashley
- Friday 18 Feb - Maize Maze opens (other dates to be advised)
- Friday 11 March - Teacher Only Day (Kahui Ako)
- Monday 14 March - Taranaki Anniversary Day
- Monday 24 - Thursday 27 March - Life Education Mobile Classroom at school
- Thursday 14 April - Last day term 1
- Friday 15 April - Good Friday