March 22, 2015
- Lululemon and Athletica Trunk Show - March 25 2:30-5:30 @ PSB (see Panhel Del announcement)
- Award Nominations due - March 27 (see Panhel Del announcement)
- Get Pie'd to save lives - April 7 11am-3pm (see Relay for Life announcement)
- Relay for Life - April 10
- Sisterhood Hibachi - April 11 5pm @ Tokyo
- Battle of Barton (Pi Phi and Chi Phi philanthropy) - April 12 1pm (see Community service announcement)
- Volunteer with Loaves and Fishes - April 16 (see Community Service announcement)
- Appointed Officer Applications Due - April 22
- Mili's Dance-a-thon - April 25 7-10pm @ Pixel
- Formal - April 26 9:30-11pm @ Lakewatch
- Senior Wills! - May 5th @ Llenroc
TO DO LIST
- Sign up to sober Llenroc mixer on Thursday (message Madeline Miceli)
- Relay for Life (see announcement):
- Appointed officer applications due April 22!
- Email spring break pictures to Maple (mc2225)
-------- sign up to get pie'd for "Pie for Life" event on April 7
VP MEMBERSHIP - Carson Denbow
I hope you all had wonderful weekends.
1. PC15 - The first Recruitment Training meeting will be April 26th after chapter. This will be a very relaxed meeting between you all and me to kinda debrief about Recruitment (what you liked, what you didn't like, what you want to see next year, etc). I'm really excited to hear all of your thoughts, so please put this date in your planners! This is a mandatory meeting.
2. Off of that, if you are interested in the VPM position, please reach out to me! By sitting in on the RT meetings last year, I was able to really validate wanting to become VPM. I would LOVE to meet and talk with anyone about recruitment (302 days.. wuttttt). Even if your the slightest bit interested, shoot me an email or a text (570-490-0135)!!
Please reach out to me with any questions/concerns!
Much love in AOT,
VP COMMUNITY SERVICE - Alex McClellan (ahm236)
Girl Scouts Recap:
- A HUGE thank you to everyone for being so flexible with the whole Girl Scouts event and a big shout out to everyone who could come out and help.
- For those of you who couldn't make your shift because of the time changes, you will still get your point!
- Fun fact: the troop that came from 12 pm-2 pm sold 204 boxes of cookies! (They're pleased).
Loaves & Fishes Adventure
- When: Thursday, April 16th with 1.5 hour shifts from 2:30-8 PM
- Where: Loaves & Fishes in the Commons (transportation would be provided by either sister or taxi)
- What: Help serve the local community dinner/chat with the guests (they love new faces!)/clean up
- Sign up here! If we don't have enough interest, we'll try for another event next semester. Even if we can get a few girls to go, that would still be supes defs totes awes
External Philanthropy Opportunity: Battle of Barton with Pi Phi & Chi Phi
- When: Sunday, April 12th @ 1 PM
- Where: Barton Hall
- Wut: A "friendly" athletic competition of pull-ups, push-ups, an obstacle course, humvee pull, equipment haul, a 4X200 relay and tug of war with teams of 5 people. It's $40 to register.
- Why: Wounded Warrior Project--it helps thousands of our veterans through programs and services aimed at making the adjustment to life after injury as smooth as possible
- Check out the Facebook event and/or register a team!
As always, feel free to contact me with any questions/concerns/constructive criticism. <3 Je t'aime, mes soeurs!
VP PUBLIC RELATIONS - Maple Chen
There won't be Lunch in Letters this week, but there will be Tarina Time from 1-3 pm at Mac's in Statler on Wednesday, which is basically the same thing, just not really at lunch time, so go hang out with Madame President :^)
Green challenge winner is Kayla Winter -- luv me some green beverages. No challenge for this week, but email me photos from spring break when you go out and enlarge your world next week!!! Throwing up the KD sign, wearing KD apparel, hanging with KD friends.... the world is ur oyster
peace, love, wiggle wiggle wiggle,
VP STANDARDS - Madeline Miceli
- I would like to thank Ashlyn and Bridget for working so hard to plan a successful event. I would also like to thank our wonderful sobers!! They deserve the BIGGEST of white roses! <3
- We have a mixer this Thursday at Llenroc. I need three sober monitors. Please message me if you are free and interested in sobering for the evening.
- Lastly, if you plan on traveling over spring break, please be safe!!
PANHELLENIC DELEGATE - Josselyn Tsai (jt566)
Alpha Epsilon Phi and Lululemon Athletica Trunk Show
Alpha Epsilon Phi hosts Lululemon for its first ever trunk show at Cornell! Come shop with us for all of your favorite workout clothes and accessories from 2:30-5:30 and support the Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation!
When: Wednesday, March 25th from 2:30-5:30pm
Where: Baker Portico, PSB
Fraternity and Sorority Award Nomination Info
This is a friendly reminder that the Fraternity and Sorority Award Nominations are due Friday, March 27th by 5pm. We encourage you/your chapter to submit individual and chapter award nominations for this year’s awards!
Questions: about the Awards or the nomination form and/or process, please don’t hesitate to contact Cristina DeFilippis (cld78) or Katherine Cianciotto (kc595).
APPOINTED OFFICER ANNOUNCEMENTS
Thursday - LLENROC - 10 pm - rides from KD and Schwartz - MATHLETES AND ATHLETES
* also, fun fact: their social texted me like a paragraph and a half about how much fun the llenroc brothers had at crush so they're suuuuuper amped up for this mixer!!
****** If you would like to sober this mixer please message Madeline Miceliasap!! WE NEED THREE SOBER MONITORS FOR THIS MIXER.
Don’t forget about sober driving also! Leave your name and phone number in the sober column!
MIXER SIGN UP SHEET: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc…
See you ALL there!!!!
Girl Scouts Chair Head - Miranda Dean
Thanks for helping out yesterday at the Girl Scout event! It went really well, all the troops had so much fun and sold a ton of cookies!
Thanks a ton, I am looking forward to the next event, keep May 2nd in mind for the campus tour!
Also I'd LOVE to talk to anyone who wants to be on the girl scout committee or head about what we do and different commitments.
And if anyone wants to be Kitchen Manager feel free to reach out to me <3
Social Media Chair - Alana Siqueira
If you haven't taken your new member spotlight picture yet, please sign up here
Relay for Life Chair - Laura Fletcher
Thanks to everyone who came and decorated luminaria bags with me today! You'll get to see them at Relay onApril 10th. Some fun things:
1. Keep signing up here! Only 3 weeks away woo!!
2. The Relay shirt design/sign-up form will go out on Wednesday, so look out for that! KD will donate $1-$5 for each sister who buys a shirt, so you're not only repping KD, but also helping us fundraise for the American Cancer Society!
3. Join the Relay Facebook event here and invite all your friends!
3. Submit on-site fundraising ideas for us to do at the event here! We'll pick which one we're going to do and sign up for shifts soon!
4. APO is running Pie for Life the week before Relay on Ho Plaza! On Tuesday, April 7th, they've asked us to send 1 or 2 KD's for each hour between 11am-3pm for people to pie for donations! We still need someone for the 2pm-3pm slot -- sign up at this link!