Setup and Use your Gradebook
Getting started with Teams Gradebook in GCCISD
STEP 1: Category Setup by Course/Section
After logging into Teams, Under the Teacher Menu, go to Maintain Teacher Gradebook Category
Under the Gradebook Course/Section tab, select a Course/Section
Select one Category , i.e. Major, Non-Major, or Homework. (Choose the category names you will use to weigh Assignments for the course.)
- Next to each Category Name selected, type a number weight. Weight should TOTAL 100. i.e. Major 60, Homework 10, Classwork 40.
Side Note: If every Course has a different category set up, complete Step 1 for every course. Categories can be copied for one course to another. See Step 3.
Column Headings for Creating Categories
- Category Name: The name of the assignment category that you added is displayed.
- Weight: The weight is the multiplier to be used for the category in the grade calculation.
- GB Grading Cycle: Defaults grading cycle
- Calc Result Type: This is the calculation result type, which is either Alpha or Numeric.
- Alpha Grade Value Scale: If the calculation result type is Alpha, select the scale option to use (for example, Alpha or Pass).
- Alpha Grades Only: If only alphabetical grades will be used in this assignment category, select Y; if both alphabetical and numeric will be used, select N.
- Scale Value: Enter the Scale Value to be used as the default for this assignment category.
- # Count: Enter the default value for the number of times an assignment in this category will be counted.
- Drop Low: enter the number of assignments to be dropped.
- Drop High: enter the number of assignmenr to be dropped.
- Lowest Drop Value: Enter the lowest grade value that that can be dropped.
- Highest Drop Value: Enter the highest grade value that can be dropped.
- Color: Select a color for the drop down list to designate a color scheme for the category.
STEP 2: Copying Categories
To copy one or more course Category settings to another Category: (Under Teacher Menu, Maintain Teacher Gradebook Category)
Go to Copy Categories tab.
Under the first section header: Copy Categories From Course/Section select the Course/Section to copy FROM
Under the second section header: Copy To Course Sections click an individual course, then click the Add button. Or click on the Add All button.
Click Copy to complete copying Category setup to selected Course/Sections.
We’re not finished Yet!
STEP 3: Creating an Assignment
Click on the Teacher Gradebook Assignment tab
When adding a New Assignment, select a category that carries weight which was setup under the Gradebook Course/Section tab.
- In this example, only two Categories can be selected: Classwork or Major.
Side Note: Assign Date and Due Date must be within the Progress Report or Report Card Window to Average for the specific six weeks/grading period. i.e. Grading Window 1-4-2016 to 1-22-2016. All assign and due dates must be dated on or between 1-4-2016 to 1-22-2016.
Column Headings for Creating an Assignment
- Category: Select one that carries weight
- Assignment: Type in Assignment Name
- Assign Date: Enter date assigned
- Due Date: Enter date due
- Alpha Grades Only*: No (Please view the Alpha Grade Documention)
- Scale Value: Must be 100, defaults from category.
- Maximum Value: Can be any value, defaults from category.
- # Count: The number of the times you want this Assignment to count in the gradebook, defaults from category.
- Consider for High/Low Grade Drop?: Allow this Assignment to be a part of the collection of grades that can be dropped for the Reporting period, depending on your settings. (This should also be setup for the category selected for the Assignment.)
- Assignment for Extra Credit Only?: Allows this Assingment to average as Extra credit for the Reporting period.
- Gradebook Grading Cycle: The system displays the Gradebook Grading Cycle
- Attachment: Assignment can be attached; viewable by parents.
- Notes: Notes about the Assignment; viewable by parents.
STEP 4: Copy Assignments
Go to Copy Assignment tab.
Under the Assignments Header: Select the Course/Section to copy FROM
Click an individual Assignment Name, then click the Add button. Or click on the Add All button.
After the Assignments are selected, a course needs to be selected to copy the Assignments to one or more course.
Under the Course/Sections Header: Select the Course/Section then click the Add button. Or click on the Add All button.
Click Copy to complete copying selected Assignments to Course/Sections selected.
Step 5: Class Notes Tab
Go to Class Notes tab.
Select the Course/Section
Type a Parent AND/OR Student Message that will appear for the class in the Online Portal.