Mrs. Hines Class!
Friday, December 12th
It has been an exciting week as 5th graders met with their International Bazaar shops. Each store had to apply for a loan to pay for their business expenses, order shop supplies, create a shop flag and sign, and create pricing guidelines to make sure their business pays of its loan.
In class this week we:
- Divided decimals
- Began evaluating expressions and used Order of Operations to solve number sentences
- Researched information about the 13 colonies to write a persuasive letter about one of the regions
- Defined key economic terms
In order to be in Blue Springs on time, we leave Tuesday morning right at 9 am for our field trip. It is very important for all students to be at school on time. Students do not need to bring laptops to school this day as electronic devices will not be used on buses or during the day. Remember, students do not need to bring a lunch. Food will be purchased by students using the money they earn working at their jobs.
- Baby food containers (at least 75)--we can use the jars or plastic ones with the snap on lids
- Heavy Whipping Cream
- Yarn (Or if your student has a certain color they would like to weave, they can bring their own!)
Dates to Remember
Specials Next Week!
Tuesday: No specials due to our filed trip