Team Update, May 23rd
We are one team, with one mission, to be our best together!
Celebrations and "family/team" updates!!!!
- Thanks to the social committee for a wonderful retirement Open House for Bob and Ruth. Ruth will finish on Friday and Bob will finish June 24th. We wish them both well and thank them from the bottom of our hearts for their loyal service to the Oak Hill community!
- Join me in wishing happy birthday on Saturday (the 21st) to Megan Rogers, and on Wednesday (the 25th) to Stacie Hensley and Sally Middlesworth. And... please join me in wishing an "early" happy birthday to Jessica Grinslade and Ann Sneed who have May birthdays but get to celebrate after school lets out.
- Thanks to those who have taken turns keeping the lounge cleaned this year! It seemed to work great to all take turns. Thanks for being such a great team! Let the social committee know if you have any suggestions for next year.
- OH's retiree breakfast will be on the morning of May 27th. Everyone is invited.
Items in bold print are new to announcements.
- Open House will be August 8th, from 5-6 pm. The Open House theme will be: Welcome to Converse Elementary - We BEElieve you BEElong here. It is fine to do "insects" along with the bees for the theme for the year, we just didn't think the cockroach statement gave us the warm and fuzzy feeling we were looking for. :)
- Just so the playing field is even... check out the bribe below that was provided to our kdg. team on their classlist meeting date. The bribe was accompanied by a bag of candy also. Just thought teachers, might want to know about their competition.
- Just a reminder to please check email at least once per week during the summer. It will be how I communicate information with you all.
- Class inventories are due to Katie by June 3rd.
- Mark your calendars for August 5th, 6:00 pm, my home. I plan on us returning to our family cookout since I have no weddings planned for August this year! (Maybe I will have a grandbaby to introduce to you all!) Watch email this summer for more information.
- If you haven't gotten them to me, I need the following info:
* grade level math goals' progress*Teachers, denote your progress on your goals in Standard for Success
- Staff, please let me know "dates" for events for the 2016-2017 school year if you want to suggest dates; otherwise, I will pick out corresponding dates. Thanks.
- Construction plan... all teachers in the 1st and 2nd grade hall (classrooms and special areas) need packed up for the summer by the end of the day on May 30th. The 1st grade hall/preschool and speech need to empty and pack up your sink cabinet and then all items in the room need to be able to moved out of the room with nothing on walls. Book shelves are fine to be left loaded if you feel they can be moved safely. (If you aren't sure, ask Bob for his opinion.) Book shelves on the window wall are not being replaced but are having new tops put on them. Those bookshelves do not need emptied but can't have things stored on top. (Lindy, this does not include you other than your sink cabinet being emptied and your walls not having anything on them.) The second grade hall and computer/title one/library/music/art need to empty all cabinets that are permanent (70s style) and then all items in the room need to be able to moved out of the room with nothing on walls. Kdg. will just need to do your usual wrap up for the end of the year for typical cleaning. Everyone, please plan to be finished by May 30th to avoid the construction in the building. If you need in the building, please email myself or Bob during the summer to save yourself a trip over to find out you can't access your room or the copy machines. I will email updates when rooms are accessible. For now, just plan to stay away and enjoy your summer this year! See Bob for boxes if needed. Lastly, the first and second grade halls need everything taken down by May 23rd unless it is on your bulletin board as the painters may begin painting the hallways in the evenings that week. Thanks so very much for all the patience and help with preparing for the renovations!
- The cabinets in the second grade hall are up for grabs if anyone wants them. They are FREE!!! We would love to recycle them. Let Bob know which you might want and we will remove them carefully and let you know when you can pick them up.
- Remember...Teachers and any staff here at 2:55 on the last day, let's plan to join together again outside after Michelle calls for car riders in order to all wave to the students as the buses and walkers leave. Please stand on the sidewalk between the second grade and library sidewalks so we are out of the way of the parents coming in. We can then line the two sidewalks where students exit by the library and front entrance. Thanks for joining us to bid a fond farewell to our darlings for the summer!
- Also, remember we are hosting the Jeans for Troops on the last student day in honor of the GI Go Fund. Any donation will be accepted by Katie if you would like to wear jeans that day.
- I was inspired last week to not just survive the end of the year but to THRIVE... Let's all strive to thrive for the last two weeks!
- May Lounge Clean up Crew: 2nd grade
Everyone, please click on the two minute video below. Thanks for making a difference for every student whose lives you touched this year. You are each such a great part of our team! Enjoy your summer, relax, and please know you made a difference!