The Colt Classified
February 4, 2019
Saint of the Month
The Diamond Jubilee Auction
It’s not too late!! We would love for you to join us - seating is still available, please turn in your reservation today so that we may give the caterer an accurate count! Be sure to join us for a lovely evening including:
- a delicious dinner with amazing desserts
- complimentary beverages
- Silent, Big Board and Live Bidding
- Wine Pull
- And fun!
Auction items for bidding!
- Vacation stays - Rockport bay home with a 4-acre private beach, historic home in the heart of New Braunfels, 3 bedroom condo in scenic Crested Butte
- Did anyone say RODEO? Bid on George Strait Tickets, Custom made boots, Dinner with Fr. Tom
- Delightful Wine baskets, Designer handbags, Jewelry, Gift baskets for men and women, High School Spirit Baskets, unique artisan artworks, restaurant donations
- Have a Foodie Bucket list? Don’t miss out on sign-up parties for adults!
- Creative class donations: mosaic bench with custom made tiles, handmade wooden table with student art work, date night basket, Astros sport basket, relaxation basket, lottery basket, Superheros Basket, Princess Lego Basket, jewelry box filled with accessories, custom wine rack, Lemond Kitchen Food basket, giant teddy bear basket, Picnic basket
We look forward to seeing you on Saturday, February 9th! Silent Auction and Big Board begin at 6pm in the Colt Dome Gym immediately after 5pm Mass. The bidding continues with dinner and Live Auction in Prefontaine at 7:30pm.
Looking for volunteer hour opportunities? Please help with:
· Set up: Thursday, Feb. 7th, 5:30 PM
· Set up: Friday, Feb. 8th (day and evening)
· Set up: Saturday, Feb. 9th, 9:00 AM (morning)
· Clean up: Sunday, Feb. 10th, 9:00 AM
These are start times, come when you are able!
Thank you for all you have done to make this celebration the best one yet!
“Together, We are the Light of the World”
Your child has created a spiritual, one of a kind wooden cross with fabulous CCCS art teacher, Mrs. O’Neal!
Purchase your child’s cross for only $20 by Wednesday, February 6th. Please note, crosses not purchased will be placed in the Diamond Jubilee Auction Gala for bidding.
Congratulations Lady Colts on Winning the Division 1A Championship! We are Proud of You!
And the Band Played On!
Congratulations Band! You make us very proud!
1st Place Solo Category:
2nd Place Solo Category:
3rd Place Solo Category:
4th Place Solo Category:
1st Place Ensemble Category:
Alex Cremer & Ian Hernandez
Madison Cormier, Daniela Lewis, Kathleen Lopez, and Hannah Richard
Kathleen Lopez & Madison Cormier
3rd Place Ensemble Category:
Harrison Cormier, Thomas Dormodjo, and Micah Sesay
Steps for Students
Uncle Sam wants YOU (all CCCS families and friends) to join the CCCS Steps 4 Students team. This fun family 5K run/walk takes place in downtown Houston on Saturday, February 16th. Can’t make it that day? You can still join the team, sign up and hit the Snooze for Students button!
To register go to https://tinyurl.com/HowToRegisterS4S.
Funds raised by joining the CCCS team or donating to a CCCS team member’s page directly benefit Corpus Christ Catholic School.
Take a look at our team page and view our top Fundraising Champions! https://www.steps4students.org/organizations/corpus-christi
Uncle Sam aka our beloved Fr. Tom is walking, maybe a little running, to support the CCCS team! To support Fr. Tom visit https://www.steps4students.org/p2p/64438/thomas-smithson.
Last chance! CCCS Steps for Students t-shirts are still available – we have a few remaining! Contact Ms. Ponce, firstname.lastname@example.org to get your shirt today! Wear on Tuesdays and Spirit Days until race day!
Check out the Corpus Christi Catholic School video! https://youtu.be/KAAu4HoFPK8
Save the Date! Friday, February 22, 3:00-7:00 PM, Chick-fil-A is coming to Corpus Christi! Make plans to eat in or take out!
Please join us for Family Dine Tomorrow!
We Love our Students!
We take the health and wellness of our students very seriously. According to the CDC, Texas is one of the 36 states that have reported Flu activity. The predominate strains this year are H1N1 & H3N2. Unfortunately, CCCS now has reported cases of Strep as well as several cases of Flu, both of which are contagious. Please be reminded that students are to remain fever free for 24 hours before returning to school.
Nurse Greenwell would like to offer some everyday preventive actions to stop the spread of any germs.
- Wash your hands frequently with soap & water. Also use an alcohol based hand sanitizer.
- Clean & disinfect surfaces & objects (with bleach containing cleansers) that may be contaminated with germs like the flu.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose & mouth as germs are easily spread this way.
- Cover your nose & mouth with a tissue when you cough or sneeze. Throw the tissue in the trash & wash your hands.
- If you are sick with a flu-like illness the CDC recommends that you stay home for at least 24 hours after your fever is gone.
- The Archdiocese of Galveston Houston also requires that students be symptom free (no fever, vomiting, diarrhea, etc.) for 24 hours before returning to school.
- To the extent possible, try to avoid individuals who are sick.
- When sick, limit your contact with others so as to avoid infecting them.
February 11th- 1st round deadline; 90% of funds will be dispersed
July 1st- 2nd round deadline, 10% of funds will be dispersed
Contact Ms. Diane Calzado, email@example.com in the business office with any questions.
- For God's healing of Mr. Luis Gomez, uncle of Gabriella LaBarrie (1st grade)
- For God's healing of Mr. Jerry LaBarrie, grandfather of Gabriella LaBarrie (1st grade)
- For God's healing of Mr. Vince Freeman, stepfather of Ms. Fucheck(MS ELA)
- For God's healing of Mr. Frank Perez, Ms. Perez's (PreK4) grandfather
- For God's healing of Mr. Pete Perez, grandfather of Emman Perez (8th)
- For God's healing of Michaela, aunt of Alex Stevens (7th)
- For God's healing of Mr. Pablo Rodriguez, uncle of Mrs. Ponce
- For God's protection of Julia Aguilar, Mrs. Ponce's niece who is entering the Marines