Newsletter for Friends Magazine
Anyway, in this newsletter we will have a contest, some random fun facts, tips for being a leader, and so much more! So, stay tuned and keep on reading for these fun topics.
Fantastic Fun Photo Contest
- Snap a photo of a Fall/Winter related object or landscape
- Download the photo onto your computer
- Email it to us (email@example.com) with your first and last name, date photo was taken, and a brief description about the photo.
The date that the photos are due is by Sunday, December 15. We will put the winner and their photo and description in the December Newsletter! Good luck!
Random Fun Facts
- Humans blink over 10,000,000 times a year
- Reindeer like to eat bananas
- 25% of a human's bones are in it's feet
- A newborn kangaroo is about 1 inch in length
- 48% of astronauts experience motion sickness
- No presidents of the United States were an only child
- Pearls melt in vinegar
- The largest toy distributor in the world is McDonald's
- There are 2 credit cards for every person in the United States
- There are 336 dimples on a regulation golf ball
- It is possible to lead a cow upstairs...but not downstairs
- The United States ranks 29th in overall life expectancy, which is 78 years
- The human brain is 80% water
- Elephants are the only animals that can't jump
- There are no poisonous snakes in Maine
- A pregnant goldfish is called a twit
- The World's longest name of Monopoly lasted more than 660 hours
- Most elephants weigh less than the tongue of a blue whale
- Nearly 90% of the American teens used the Internet in 2005
- A giraffe has a 20 inch tongue
- You burn more calories sleeping than watching television
- The average person falls asleep in 7 minutes
- The average person uses 57 pieces of toilet paper every day
- A snail can sleep for 3 years
- Approximately 90% of household dust is made of dead skin cells
- A crocodile can't stick its tongue out
- All polar bears are left-handed
- The only letter not appearing on the Periodic Table is the letter "J"
- In 32 years there are about 1 billion seconds
So we hope that that increased your knowledge of the world of random facts!
You Want to be a Leader?
- Learn more about your leadership style
- Encourage creativity
- Serve as a role model
- Be passionate
- Listen and communicate effectively
- Have a positive attitude
- Encourage people to make contributions
- Motivate your followers
- Offer rewards and recognition
- Keep trying new things
- Be open to new ideas (have an open mind)
- Be the bigger person
- Be a role model
I hope these tips help!
Have a Friend that you want to Invite to Join Friends Magazine?
Friends Magazine Blog
A thanks to Ann Inskeep for making the blog possible.