December 11, 2015
- Pre-order your yearbooks! Go to www.jostens.com
- Levine's Children's Hospital Present Drive:
Please bring an unwrapped toy or gift for a sick boy or girl between the ages of 0 to 18 years old. Place it under the JFMS tree in the lobby and know that your generosity will bring happiness this Christmas season.Thank you!
- Spirit Week next week:
Monday— Santa’s Little Helper (be a reindeer or elf)
Tuesday—Polar Express Day (wear your PJ’s)
Wednesday—Frozen Day (dress as your favorite character or put on lots of winter wear)
Thursday—Red & Green DayFriday—Ugly Christmas Sweater Day
- Dance Tonight at 6:30-9 P.M. ( $5.00 admission) . If your child owes more than 5 dollars in the cafeteria, debt has to be paid before entering the dance.
Holiday Treat Donations
- If you are able we are asking for parent volunteers to send in Little Debbie Holiday Themed treats by Thursday, December 17th. Please just send these in with your child to their homeroom teachers.
- OR: canned drinks or individual bottles of water- no liters of drinks please.
Academic Class Information
This week students concluded the book of Fever, 1793 by reading and listening to several chapters including the non-fictional elements of the novel. Students also participated in an "art crawl" analyzing and interpreting pieces of art from that time period. They looked for Conflict/Atmosphere/ Characterization and Setting elements in each piece of art.
Next week students will be focusing on the Victorian Era; Charles Dickens and A Christmas Carol. Within that unit we will be focusing on our nine week theme: "change" and how people change due to circumstances and environmental factors.
Second period students will have a test on Monday pertaining to Stem List #4. Please find the list and practice activities on Quizlet.com. They also have a Think Tac Toe assignment due on December 15th. This assignment was given 5 weeks ago and can be found on my Google Classroom.