2019-2020 Calendar Remaining Dates
Utica Community Schools has released the remaining dates for the 2019-2020 calendar.
The calendar dates address state standards for student instructional time and are consistent with the Macomb Common Calendar. The calendar also addresses legislation allowing qualifying district-provided professional development to be reported as instructional time.
Below are the remaining calendar dates:
- Tuesday, March 10, 2020 (Presidential Primary Election) – This date has been designated as a professional development day for Utica Community Schools and there will be no classes for K-12 students.
- Friday, May 22, 2020 (Memorial Day Weekend) – This date has been designated as a professional development day for Utica Community Schools and there will be no classes for K-12 students.
- Friday, June 12, 2020 – This will be the last day of school for K-12 students. Please note: the end of the school year is tentative and subject to change due to collective bargaining and/or snow days.
To view a complete calendar, please see the following link: www.uticak12.org/calendaroverview
Music Concert Note
Havel Elementary presents…
2020 WINTER WONDERLAND MUSIC CONCERT
TUESDAY, FEBRUARY 11, 2020
First and Second Grades
Third, Fourth, and Fifth Grades
ADLAI STEVENSON HIGH SCHOOL
(39701 Dodge Park Rd. Sterling Heights, MI)
Please have your child wear concert attire to the concert. (something fancy, or something “nice”)
The students do not have to wear a particular color.
No hoodies, t-shirts, sweatpants, or jeans, please.
Children should arrive 15 minutes before the concert and go to their assigned “warm up” rooms. There will be a teacher at the door directing families to the correct rooms.
Please do not arrive more than 15 minutes before the second concert, as the first concert will in session and you will not be able to enter the auditorium to get seats.
Snack Cart Date Chage
Candy Gram Sale
Student Council is pre-selling Airheads Candy Grams. The students are able to purchase candy grams to be sent to other students within the building. ALL Airheads will be delivered to students on Friday, February 14th.
Candy grams are $0.50 each with no limit on the number that can be purchased. If your child would like to purchase candy grams, please fill out the attached forms and return them, along with the money, to school.
Candy grams are due no later than Tuesday, February 11th.
If you are in need of another Candy Gram form, please see Mrs. Tomasak or Ms. Gudding.
Early Childhood Open House
UCS Community Education will host its Early Childhood Open House on February 12, 2020 from 6:00 p.m. – 8:00 p.m
Click on the link below for registration paperwork and more information.
Kindergarten Open House For 2020-2021 School Year
Children are eligible for kindergarten if they turn five years old on or before September 1, 2020.
To register, parents must supply:
- An original birth certificate or certified copy, with raised seal, issued by the clerk of the county where your child was born or the health department of the state of birth;
- Your child's health immunization record; including vision and hearing screenings. Be sure to schedule immunization updates early as these appointments are often limited;
- Photo I.D. (Driver's license or work photo I.D.)
- Proof of residency, such as property tax bill, closing papers or lease agreement. Please know that we are not able to accept utility bills.
Kindergarten parents register at their home schools. We will be holding a kindergarten Open House on March 11, 2020 at 7:00 p.m.
Please keep an extra pair of dry socks in your child’s backpack. After recess, many students come in with wet feet!
Dates To Know
17th-21st- No School- Mid- Winter Break
24th- College Gear Spirit Day
6th- Group/club yearbook picture day
10th- No School- Teacher PD
11th- 1st grade field trip to DNR Outdoor Adventure
11th- Kindergarten Open House
13th- 6th Grade Bemis Visit & Almost To Bemis Lunch
17th- Art Show 5:00-7:00
18th- Reading Month Assembly
23rd- Rink Night
30th- College Shirt Day
31st- Drumming Concert 6:30
1st- 6th grade SMART MOVES celebration ceremony 1:30
3rd- 1/2 day of school 12:04 dismissal
Utica Community Schools Career and Technical Education Department is sponsoring:
Career Expo 2020
When: Thursday, March 19, 2020
Where: Eisenhower High School
Time: 6:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m.
Students in grades seven through twelve, parents and staff are invited to this free event. More than 100 career representatives will provide information on job opportunities, education and training, on-the-job experiences and wages. The Expo serves as an opportunity for students to explore career possibilities. Students will also have a chance to meet with CTE teachers to learn how high school classes can align with their career objective. If you have questions, would like additional information or have persons interested in participating, please contact our Career Consultant, Dyann Pugliese, ext. 6809 or Dyann.Pugliese@uticak12.org.
Utica Community Schools Teaching and Learning Department is sponsoring:
College Fair 2020
When: Thursday, April 23, 2020
Where: Henry Ford II High School
Time: 6:00 p.m. to 7:30 p.m.
Students in grades nine through twelve, parents and staff are invited to this free event. More than 70 colleges, universities and trade schools will provide information regarding post-secondary options.
College Fair posters will be distributed in February for display throughout the buildings. Please post in highly visible areas.