ARCADE MIDDLE SCHOOL - JANUARY 9, 2022
Welcome to the Third Quarter of School
ARCADE'S NEW CITIZENSHIP RUBRIC
Starting Quarter 3, which began on January 4, 2022, all Arcade teachers will be using the rubric below to determine students' citizenship grades.
Arcade students are recognized for their academic and citizenship grades with the following Academic cards.
At-Home Covid 19 Test Kits Given to Students on Friday, January 7th
We distributed free, at-home COVID-19 test kits to students on Friday, January 7th in their 6th period classes. Students received a box which contains two tests.
Testing your child at home is voluntary; students do not need to provide a negative test result to attend classes on Monday. We are providing them as a way to help slow the spread of COVID-19 in our community. The tests included in the kit are nasal swab antigen tests that will provide results in ten minutes. Each box comes with instructions for administering the test and interpreting test results.
Here is a video that explains how to administer a test and read the results:
We encourage families to use one of the tests this weekend and the second test as needed. If a student has been tested within the last five days, families may also consider saving both tests for later use.
What to do if your student tests positive using the provided test:
Report the result to your medical provider.
Contact our school office to report your test result at 916-971-7300.
Keep your student home from school until they are cleared to return. We will advise you of your student’s return date.
Report sibling exposures to their school attendance office and keep them home until they are cleared to return as siblings and other family members are considered close contact exposures and will also need to quarantine.
Home tests cannot be used as clearance to return to school if symptomatic or on a modified or at-home quarantine. If your student has been symptomatic or wants to return from modified quarantine, your student must have a negative test result from a medical provider or testing site. You can find more information on testing availability at www.sanjuan.edu/covidtest.
Thank you for doing your part to provide a safe and healthy environment for our students and staff!
Wellness Week(s) at Arcade
Before Winter Break, students were placed in new GO Period groups and participated in social-emotional learning activities throughout the week. Students participated in get-to-know-you activities with their new classmates and teacher, and they engaged in a variety of activities throughout the week. Some classes included lessons on mindfullness, relaxation, vision board creation, or even laughing therapy, in addition to other topics.
Students have remained in these GO Period groups, and will be taught Wellness curriculum during the first two weeks back from break. The content that will be taught has been created by our school counselor, Ms. Andrea, and our social worker, Ms. Alhafez, and has been designed to be taught by our teachers. The Wellness lessons, which will be delivered to all students, include these topics: healthy relationships, social media and internet safety, consent, bullying, anxiety and coping skills, and asking for help.
BOYS BASKETBALL STARTS JANUARY 24TH
Library Books are Due to the Library!
2021/22 Yearbooks Now on Sale!
Purchase your yearbook today!
$18 if purchased before March 1st
$20 if purchased after March 1st
How to order your yearbook:
1) Go to https://buytheyearbook.pictavo.com/
2) Enter 703357 in School ID
3) Click Let's Go
4) Click on book in Center Page
Attention: Families of 8th Graders
THE OPEN ENROLLMENT WINDOW IS OPEN UNTIL FRIDAY, JANUARY 21ST AT 5PM
Open Enrollment Participation Instructions
Already Enrolled and Live within SJUSD Boundaries
- For students who live within the SJUSD boundaries and are already enrolled in SJUSD, please go to the following link for parent portal:https://sis.sanjuan.edu/parentportal
- Do not sign in to the parent portal at this time, but please click on the Open Enrollment link along the left side of the page under “District Links”. If you do not know or forgot your pin number and password follow this link: https://loginreminder.sanjuan.edu/
- Once you have clicked on the open enrollment link, please use your pin and password to sign in
- Once signed in, follow the prompts and make sure to submit your request.
- Any problems with this process please contact San Jaun Central (916)-726-5826.
Not Enrolled in SJUSD but Live Within SJUSD Boundaries
- If you live within SJUSD but are not enrolled in SJUSD please visit the following link:https://www.sanjuan.edu/Page/50877
- On the right hand side of the page, you will see “How to apply for the 2022-2023 Open Enrollment Lottery”
- Click on the Link under “Not Enrolled in SJUSD but Live Within SJUSD Boundaries” (Will not show up until 8:00 AM on Monday, December 6, 2021)
- Once this page loads, you may choose the language of your form on the form’s upper right corner.
- Fill out all required information and submit the form
- Any problems with this process please contact San Juan Central (916)-726-5826
Family Information Night: Video Showcase
COVID-19 Testing on Tuesday, January 11th This Week
Testing is on Tuesdays each week.
Please make sure you pre-register before coming to test: www.sanjuan.edu/preregister
This testing is for San Juan Unified School District students and staff only.
Covid-19 Guide - Safe Learning Options and Supports
The below link lists Family Resources, Instructional Options and other areas that parents/families/staff may need support in. It also lists the COVID-19 testing locations weekly. Testing sites will be held at the San Juan district office as well as at either a west or east end school, this will change weekly and be posted on this link.
Additional Covid Information:
- January 17 - No School - Martin Luther King Jr. Day
- January 19 - All school ELA i-Ready Testing (in extended GO Period)
- January 20 - All school Math i-Ready Testing (in extended GO Period)
- January 20 - ELAC meeting at 6:00 P.M. on Zoom
- January 21 - Make up Testing for Math and ELA
- January 24 - 8th Grade Panoramic Picture during 5th Period
- January 24 - Sports Pictures After School
- January 26 - PTO Meeting at 6:30 P.M. on Zoom
- February 4 - End of Progress Term for Quarter 3