Vol. 1 Edition 2 April 2017
This Month's Events...
- Monday, April 24-Friday, April 28: Scholastic Book Fair-Open Monday thru Wednesday 7:30 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. Open Late Thursday with STEM Night. Closes at 1 p.m. on Friday.
- Wednesday, April 26: Run Club practice after school. Please pick up your child at 3:30 p.m.
- Thursday, April 27: Title I STEM Night-games, snacks, art and so much more!
More things to come...
Field Day dates
- K-2 Thursday, May 11
- 3-5 Friday, May 12
- Friday, May 26-Science EOGs-5th grade only
- Wednesday, May 31-Reading EOGs-Grades 3-5
- Thursday, June 1-Math EOGs-Grades 3-5
- Monday, June 5-Read to Achieve Test
- Wednesday, June 7-Third Grade Reading Retest
Don't forget to...
- Like us on Facebook-https://google/xBGaew
- Follow us on Twitter @briercreekelem
What happened in March?
How to Trap a Leprechaun
On March 16th our Kindergarten and fifth grade students worked together on a STEM activity to try and build a leprechaun trap in a media center lesson. They set the traps that night in hopes of catching a leprechaun for St. Patrick's Day. No one was successful, but the leprechaun did leave them a prize. Better luck next year!
CyberCats Compete in Annual Robotics Competition
On March 18th our Cyber Cats Robotics team competed at the Davidson County Robotics competition at Oak Grove Middle School. Our team worked hard last summer and this school year learning Lego Robotics, how to collaborate and on their research project of learning how to properly care for pet birds. The team members are Regan Barker, Owen Crum, Hannah Hicks, Cameron Jollie, Eli Lamar, Aixa Ramos, Jamon Smothers, and Avery Tysinger.