August 20, 2018
WELCOME BACK STUDENTS AND STAFF!
We are excited to welcome our students back on Thursday, August 23rd!
Here's to the best school year ever!
Tune in every Monday for #MakeADifferenceMonday where we will feature a stakeholder, student, or fellow alumni answering "Five questions for B-C-S"
Our first feature for the 2018-2019 school year is Jennifer Kreager, our OHHS Study Hall Monitor!
1. Please introduce yourself, what your position is with B-C-S Local School District and how long you have worked for the school?
•My name is Jennifer K. Kreager. I am the High School Study Hall Monitor. This will be my second full year.
2. What is one of your greatest accomplishments?
•Getting my Associates Degree. I had always wanted to finish college but life got in the way and other things became more important. I had wanted to do this for my parents most of all. My Union here at the school made this possible.
3. What are you looking forward to the most for the 2018-19 school year?
•I love my job. Love getting to know all the kids. I look forward to greeting the kids at the door in the morning when they walk in. Best part of my day.
4. What are some of your hobbies?
•Surprising people. I love to surprise my family and friends. I love spending time with my family.
5. What is your favorite memory from this past summer break?
•My daughter got married. One of the most amazing days of my life.
B-C-S Alumni Band Takes the Field Once Again!
The Oak Harbor High School Marching Band will be joined by the BCS Alumni band for a halftime performance this fall football season. The band department has extended an invitation to all BCS Band Alumni to participate and become a part of this year’s Alumni Band. This is a great chance to see old classmates, as well as perform on the field “one more time.” The date of the performance is Friday, September 7th, for the Oak Harbor vs. Woodmore football game. For more information, please visit the band’s website at www.OakHarborBands.com. The registration deadline for this event is Tuesday, September 4th.
Travis A. Magoto
Instrumental Music Director
Oak Harbor High School
Oak Harbor, OH 43449
Student Athletic Passes Reduced to $40!
Oak Harbor Athletic passes for students have been reduced to $40.
Family passes are $250 which includes two adults and any school age children.
Please support Rocket Athletics.
What's Going On At RC Waters Elementary?
Welcome Class of 2031!
We enjoyed meeting our incoming kindergarten students, class of 2031, at our Kindergarten Open House & Cookout. We had some special guests help serve dinner! Looking forward to an Incredible year!
RC Waters Lunch menu for August 2018!
What's Going On At Oak Harbor Middle School?
The energy is HIGH at Opening Day Staff Meeting at OHMS! Welcome Back Staff!
OHMS Lunch Menu for August 2018!
WHATS GOING ON AT OAK HARBOR HIGH SCHOOL?
The ACT will be offered 7 times throughout the 2018-19 school year.
Here are the test dates and registration deadlines:
High School Freshman Tips: What Every Freshman Should Know
HIGH SCHOOL FRESHMAN TIPS
- If you are an overachiever, know that getting a B is acceptable. I thought that A’s were the only thing that mattered when in fact getting only A’s made my head spin and my parents crazy.
- Know that your elementary friends may not be your high school friends. Be prepared to change friend groups, but hopefully your high school friends will remain with you.
- High school doesn’t last forever. Four years might seem like forever but it isn’t. And if your high school doesn’t seem like the right place, know that it will be over soon.
- Join sports and clubs. By joining a fall sport you get to meet the team the summer before. It’s nice to see familiar faces on your first day. For me, nothing was nicer than being saved by my cross-country team captain the first day of freshman year. I was lost and panicking when she came over, looked at my schedule and walked me to my class.
- Make relationships with your teachers. This is important advice. Not only does it help you get to know the way they operate, it also helps them to recognize your hard work and desire to learn. If your school has a conference period, your teachers will notice if you come. Teachers are people too; they can help you with more than biology and history, and some may even become a friend.
Tons of spirit to start the year off right! Do YOU have Rocket Pride???!! WE DO!
WHATS GOING ON AT PENTA?
ROCKET SPORTS HIGHLIGHTS!
- Oak Harbor Girls Golf team hosted St Mary's and St. Paul at Oak Harbor Golf Club. SMCC 243 Oak Harbor 186 St. Paul 183. Jaclyn Wojciechowski played steady again at 2 over par (38) while Hannah Genzman tallied a 44.
- Support the Oak Harbor Men’s Soccer Team on Wednesday evening (08/22) at Fremont Buffalo Wild Wings from 5:00 to 9:00!
- Girls Varsity Soccer knocks off Norwalk 6-0 to start the season right. Great job.
- Varsity volleyball wins in three at Genoa. Great start for Rocket Volleyball! Way to go ladies!
- JV Volleyball starts the year beating Genoa in two games! Great job ladies!
- Rocket Girls tennis team traveled to Fostoria and defeated the lady Redmen 4-1. Nice job ladies!
- Oak Harbor girls Golf advanced their record to 2-1 in SBC play and were victorious against Gibsonburg today. Gibsonburg 200 Oak Harbor 181. Wojo 40* medalist, Genzman 41 New PR**, Hayes 49, Glaser 5. Nice Job ladies!
- Another WIN for the Oak Harbor girls golf team! Oak Harbor 176, St. Paul 202, Danbury 247. Wojo 38* medalist, Genzman 43, Hayes 45, Glaser 50. Go Rockets!
Thank You Oak Harbor Athletic Boosters!
A huge Thank you goes out to the Oak Harbor Athletic Boosters for the purchase of the new record boards. They look Awesome!!
BENTON-CARROLL-SALEM LOCAL SCHOOL DISTRICT
WEEKLY SPORTS AND SCHOOL CALENDAR
WEEK OF 08/20/2018
Monday, August 20
NO SCHOOL ~ Teacher Work Day
12:00 PM H HS ~ Boys Golf - Vermilion
12:30 PM H HS ~ Girls Golf - St. Mary CC
4:30 PM RC ~ Open House - Grades 1-3
5:00 PM MS ~ Open House
Tuesday, August 21
NO SCHOOL ~ Waiver Day #1 - District Staff Opening day
12:00 PM H HS ~ Boys Golf - Danbury
4:00 PM H HS ~ Girls Tennis - Huron
5:00 PM H HS ~ Volleyball - Toledo CC
5:00 PM H HS ~ Varsity Boys Soccer - Woodmore
5:00 PM A HS ~ Varsity Girls Soccer - Lake
7:00 PM A HS ~ JV Girls Soccer - Lake
Wednesday, August 22
NO SCHOOL ~ Waiver Day #2 - Staff Only
3:00 PM H HS ~ Boys Golf - Willard
4:00 PM H HS ~ Girls Tennis - Clay
4:15 PM A HS ~ Girls Golf - Edison - @ Thunderbird South
5:30 PM A HS ~ Cross Country - Upper Sandusky - @ Harrison-Smith Park
Thursday, August 23
First Day of School
4:00 PM H HS ~ Girls Tennis - Tiffin Calvert
4:45 PM A MS ~ 7th Football - Rossford
5:00 PM H HS ~ Volleyball - Rossford
6:00 PM A MS ~ 8th Football - Rossford
6:30 PM H HS ~ JV Boys Soccer - Perrysburg (B)
Friday, August 24
7:00 PM H HS ~ Football - Fostoria
Saturday, August 25
9:00 AM A HS ~ Cross Country - Norm Bray - @ Walsh Park
10:00 AM A HS ~ Volleyball - Clyde/Mansfield Mad. @ Clyde
10:00 AM H MS ~ Volleyball - Norwalk/Western Reserve
10:00 AM A HS ~ JV Football - Fostoria
12:00 PM A HS ~ Varsity Girls Soccer - Van Buren
2:00 PM A HS ~ Varsity Boys Soccer - Van Buren
The school district was founded on July 1, 1967 due to the consolidation of the Benton Township School District, the Carroll Township School District, and the Salem-Oak Harbor School District.Benton-Carroll-Salem Local School District, home of the Oak Harbor Rockets, serves 1700 students on three campuses: R.C. Waters Elementary School (Grades K--3), Oak Harbor Middle School (Grades 4--7), and Oak Harbor High School (Grades 8--12). The district is committed to serving the needs of all students to prepare them for the challenges of citizenship, the workforce, and life long learning.