2019-2020 Parent Newsletter
August 30, 2019 - Issue #4
No school on Monday, September 2nd for Students and Staff. No school on Tuesday, September 3rd for students! Enjoy your extra long weekend, Vikings!
Parent Portal IDs
If you have any questions, please contact our registrar, Christine Harris, at email@example.com.
Afternoon Car Line on Civic Drive
Thank you so much for your help!
Don't forget to turn in your child's free & reduced Lunch Application!
How did you earn your Golden Ticket this week?
Rhett - Kindergarten
I have earned 3 Golden Tickets. I listened to my teacher (Respectful) and did my work (Responsible).
Tyler - 1st Grade
I have 4 Golden Tickets. I was following directions (Respectful and Responsible) in the cafeteria.
Tallulah - 2nd Grade
I earned a Golden Ticket in the cafeteria by listening to the teacher (Respectful and Responsible) during clean up.
Rhett - Kindergarten
Tyler - 1st Grade
Layla - 3rd Grade
I have 15 Golden Tickets (for the year), and been to treasure box three times! I helped my friends in class and have been respectful to my teacher.
Grandparents' Lunches - September 5th and 6th
2nd Grade: 11:40-12:10
1st Grade: 11:10-11:40
3rd Grade: 12:00-12:30
If you would like to have your badge printed and ready for you on your designated day, please email Mrs. Kuske at firstname.lastname@example.org and give her your name. If we have not previously scanned your license, you will need to arrive a few minutes prior to your grandchild's lunch to find a parking spot and check in through Raptor for your visitor's badge.
Are You Ready for Some Football??
1. All LVES and LVIS students must be accompanied by an adult guardian in order to attend Lago Vista High School varsity football home games. The students must remain under the supervision of that guardian at all times while at the stadium. Students are not permitted on the practice field at any point during football games.
2. Standing, loitering, or horseplay under and around the stadium stands, concession stands, or any other area is prohibited. Revealing, provocative and/or inappropriate dress will not be allowed, nor will inappropriate behaviors or foul language. Repeat offenders will be required to leave the stadium and campus.
3. Once inside the stadium, middle school and high school students with a student ticket will be allowed to sit in the designated student area on the home side of the stadium. Students may sit in the reserved or general admission sections only if they are under the supervision of an adult guardian.
4. The use of alcohol, controlled substances, tobacco, and vapes are prohibited on school premises.
5. Outside food and drinks are not permitted inside the gates. We have a wonderful Booster Club that provides a full concession stand of food and drinks for you to purchase throughout the game.
Lago Vista ISD appreciates everyone’s cooperation and support as we work to keep a safe and enjoyable environment at Viking football games.
Running of The Vikings
Parents - don't forget to bring your camera so you can capture this exciting tradition!
Watch DOG Kick-off Event - September 11th
We LOVE having WatchDOGs at LVES and can't wait to have them back!
LVHS Cheerleaders Hosting Mini Cheer Clinic
Registration forms and payment can be dropped off at the front office of LVES or LVIS, and are due by September 20th. Contact LVHS Cheer Coach, Katy Baugh (email@example.com) with any questions.
Don't forget to like the Lago Vista Elementary PTO Facebook page too!
2019-2020 Academic Calendar
Hello LVES Families! Does your child need any school supplies or a backpack? Local churches have generously donated several items, and I would love to give them to students who need them!
This week we started our classroom guidance lessons! Your child will learn what a school counselor does and how I can help them, as well as the meaning of this month’s character trait, Responsibility.
At home, you can talk with your child about responsibility, and teach them that by doing chores, answering for their own actions, being trustworthy, and using good judgment are signs that they are growing up and can be trusted with greater freedom! Try to "catch" your child making responsible choices, and let them know how much it means to you.
"The greatest gifts you can give your children are the roots of responsibility and the wings of independence." ~Denis Waitley
¡Hola familias de LVES! ¿Necesita su hijo útiles escolares o una mochila? ¡Las iglesias locales han donado generosamente varios artículos, y me encantaría dárselos a los estudiantes que los necesitan!
¡Esta semana comenzamos nuestras lecciones de orientación en el aula! Su hijo aprenderá lo que hace un consejero escolar y cómo puedo ayudarlo, así como el significado del rasgo de carácter de este mes, Responsabilidad.
En casa, puede hablar con su hijo sobre la responsabilidad y enseñarle que al hacer los quehaceres, responder por sus propias acciones, ser confiable y usar el buen juicio son signos de que están creciendo y se puede confiar en ellos con mayor libertad. Trate de "atrapar" a su hijo tomando decisiones responsables, y hágales saber cuánto significa para usted.
“Los mejores regalos que puedes dar a tus hijos son las raíces de la responsabilidad y las alas de la independencia.” ~Denis Waitley
Attendance at LVES
It was another great week of meeting our attendance goal!
Attendance for week of 8/23-8/29: 97% - Met our attendance goal!
Grade Level Attendance:
First Grade: 97%
Second Grade: 97%
Third Grade: 96%
For more information on why attendance matters for your child and our school, along with the difference between an excused and unexcused absence, click on the following links:
Want to Volunteer?
You can download the background check form by clicking on the link below:
Completed forms can be dropped at the LVISD Administration building located at 8039 Bar-K Ranch Road. Please allow at least 2 weeks for background checks to process.
LVES Office Hours
Marcy Kuske, Administrative Assistant
Registration and Attendance:
Christine Harris, Registrar/Attendance Clerk
Student Emotional Support:
Amy Sexton, Counselor
Tara Roberts, School Nurse
Discipline and School Improvement:
Michelle Jackson, Principal
Missy Howard, Assistant Principal
Mark Your Calendars...
- September 3rd: Staff Development Day - Student Holiday
- September 5th: Grandparent Lunch for PPCD, Kinder, 2nd Grade
- September 6th: Grandparent Lunch for PK, 1st Grade, 3rd Grade
- September 6th: Football Players/Cheerleaders Visit Campus
- September 11th: Watch DOG Kick-Off Event, 8:30 am in Cafeteria
- September 16th-20th: SPIRIT WEEK (Homecoming week) - themes will be in next week's newsletter