GSES Pre-K News
A Peek Into Our Week
Listening comprehension is the ability to understand the meaning of words heard and to relate to them in some way. A child with good listening comprehension has a wide vocabulary and a growing understanding of the world around him. To develop this skill:
- Read aloud to your children daily. Read books that are in line with your child’s interests so he begins to realize that there is a benefit to learning to read.
- Encourage even young children to interact with books.
- Attend story time at the library.
- Let your child see you enjoying books.
- Make read-aloud time an enjoyable shared time. Here are some picture book lists to get you started.
Classroom of the Earth (COE)
For the first time ever, Pre-K students will experience Classroom of the Earth (COE) on campus with Mr. Long and his team! The morning will consist of students being divided into three groups to rotate through our Planetarium, tour the COE trailer/gear room, and take a short hike around the campus. Following the morning activities, Mr. Long and his team will cook grilled cheese sandwiches for lunch. After lunch, students will participate in a “nature scavenger hunt” ending with propane fire pit S’mores and a COE slideshow. What a great time!