Week of August 31
Back to School Reminders
- The first day of school is Tuesday, September 1. Students will have a full day on Wednesday and early release on Thursday, September 3. There is no school on Friday, September 4 and we are back on Tuesday, September 8.
- Masks are to be worn at all times except during meals. Teachers will incorporate multiple mask breaks throughout the day.
- Students should physically distance themselves in the hallways and avoid groups or clusters.
- Students should bring refillable water bottles to school. Water filling stations will be available but drinking fountains will not.
- Students will be allowed to carry back packs to class if they do not feel comfortable using their locker.
- Parents/guardians should enter Westwood High School through the main office entrance and should call the office (485.1023) to inform school staff of their visit. Parents/guardians must wear a mask to enter the Westwood High School office and should prioritize visits to minimize office visitor traffic.
- For more information click on the link below
Students should be dropped off prior to 8:00am, as buses will begin arriving at that time.
Students should enter the building using the high school main entrance, athletic event entrance, or the entrances on the north end of the building near the central office. The doors to the building near the locker rooms will be closed due to ongoing construction.
Students parking will be the South lot, similar to past years, and the parking spots along the tennis courts in the North lot.
Students should use the entrance nearest to where they are dropped off or parked.
Upon entering the building:
Students must wear their mask.
Students should proceed directly to their lockers to get what they need for first hour, then proceed to the waiting areas, which include:
the non-academic hallways (CTE, art, cafeteria, band)
At 7:55 am, students can proceed to their classrooms.
Bus Student Arrival: Buses pick up times will be altered this year and students will arrive at school between 8:00-8:30 am.
Students should wear their mask when entering the building.
Students may grab breakfast when they arrive and report to the media center to eat. When finished they should go to their lockers and then to class.
Students who do not eat breakfast should proceed to their lockers and then directly to class.