Stories of Italy
You're going to love what you'll learn!
A Look Around
Maybe I can't stop the downpour but I will always join you for a walk in the rain
Keep your friends close and your farmers closer
The secret ingredient is cheese!
- 3 tablespoons of instant espresso powder
- 1 bar (8 ounces) reduced-fat cream cheese
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
1/3 cup sugar
- 2 packages (3 ounces each) soft ladyfingers
- Unsweetened cocoa powder, for dusting
1. In medium bowl, mix espresso powder with 3 tablespoons boiling water until dissolved. Add 11/2 cups of cold water; set aside.
2. With an electric mixer, beat cream cheese with heavy cream and sugar until light and fluffy.
3. Spread a few tablespoons of cream cheese mixture in bottom of a 2 quart serving dish. Separate ladyfingers. One by one, dip a third of ladyfingers in espresso, then arrange in bottom of dish. Spread with a third of cream cheese mixture. Repeat twice with remaining ladyfingers, espresso, and cream cheese mixture (can be refrigerated, covered, up to 1 day).
4. Dust with cocoa just before serving.
The Problem with the Weather
Some things you could do if you were stuck in an Italian rainy day is visit museums, art galleries, and exhibitions, find and check out covered markets, watch a movie, and take a cooking class. You could also run in the rain! What's wrong with that?!
Farming in Italy
Poncho- blanket like coat with a hole at the top for the head, often worn as a raincoat.
Tiramisu- an Italian dessert with coffee and layers of sponge cake alternating with cheese and chocolate.
Vineyards- a plantation of grapevines, especially one producing grapes for wine making.
Brick and Mortar- a mixture of lime or cement or a combination of both sand and water, used as a bonding agent between bricks, stones, etc.
Nation- a large body of people, associated with a particular territory, that is sufficiently conscious of its unity to seek or to possess a government peculiarly its own.
Rustic- (of stonework) having the surfaces rough or irregular and the joints sunken or beveled.
- What is a ladyfinger?
- What does it take to plant grapes.
- What are some things you could do if your stuck in a Italian rainy day?
- When did Italy win the FIFA World Cup?
- What does brick and mortar mean?
- What does Belladonna mean in Italian?
- What are some sports that Italy has?
- What is the name of Florida's baseball team?
- What are the towns like in Italy?
- Is it cheaper to go to Florida for vacation?