The Big Day!
Theatre Arts Center
Based on CDC and Pennsylvania regulations, the recital will be a masked event.
- Masks will be required of all staff and students (unless they are on stage performing).
Based on parent feedback, the following masking rules will be in effect for the TAC students:
- Wearing a mask, while on stage, is optional for all students. This is a decision that should be made by parents, and communicated to your children. We will expect them to honor the wishes of their parents.
- Students will be responsible for taking off their mask before going on stage and putting it back on right after.
- Masks can be plastic or cloth (solid white, pink or black).
- All mics will be sanitized after individual use.
Purple Recital Group:
- All acting classes
- Junior & Senior Companies (will be in both shows)
- Sunday 7:00pm class & Monday 8:00pm class (will be in both shows)
- Link to show order - Click on PURPLE tab
- PLAYBILL 2:00 show
- Plastic bin with lid (no bags) that will fit all streetwear and shoes. At the start of the rehearsal and shows you will be asked to put all streetwear in your bin. We will stack them out of the way. NAMES must me on bins and bin lids.
- Actors (if you are only doing a monologue) wear your costume to the performance.
- Actors/Dancers - wear your black leotard/tank and tights/pants to rehearsals and show with a cover up to remove and put in your bin at the start of the show.
- If you are intending to take your mask off while on stage you MUST bring a plastic zip-lock bag with you name on it (to put the mask in while on stage).
Performance: Sunday, June 6th at 2:00pm
Arrive no later than 1:15pm for our 2:00pm performance. Follow the procedure you have learned in rehearsal.
Any questions, please email us at email@example.com. Looking forward to our first Theatre Arts Center combined Acting & Musical Theatre performance.
Yellow Recital Group:
This group includes: ALL dance classes and musical theatre classes (no acting classes)
- Call-time: Sunday, June 6th at 7:00pm
- Recital Performance: Sunday, June 6th at 8:00pm
- Link to show order- Click on YELLOW tab
- PLAYBILL 8:00 Show
- Plastic bin with lid (no bags) that will fit all streetwear and shoes marked clearly with your name. At the start of the rehearsal and shows you will be asked to put all streetwear in your bin. We will stack them out of the way.
- Performers - wear your black leotard/black tank and tights/pants to the show with a cover up to remove and put in your bin at the start of the rehearsal and show. Performers must arrive with hair and make up done. Makeup should only been a little more than street makeup. Young Ladies: hair totally away from their face and in a bun. Young gentlemen: hair slick back out of face.
Performance: Sunday, June 5th at 8:00pm (at Hansel Park)
- Arrive no later than 7:00pm for our 8:00pm performance. Follow the procedure you have learned in rehearsal.
- Students with more than one class, will have a chair backstage to set their costumes in the order they will be using them.
- Students that only have one number to perform will be brought out to sit in a designated area until intermission then their parents may pick them up to sit with them.
- At intermission - Students who are not only in Act 1, may get their bins and leave at intermission if they wish to.
- At the end of the show there will be a short thank you speech and saying goodbye to our Seniors who have been with us for many, many years. After that we will ask all students to sit on stage as we bring out their bins to go backstage and change clothing. At that point when they are done they will come to meet their parents.
- We will then tear down everything and put them in cars and trucks to bring to the studio.
Any questions, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Looking forward to a terrific recital the students have been working so hard to perfect their numbers.
RULES for students unmasked during perfromances:
I want to be sure you know the following:
- There will be over 60 performers in the show.
- TAC is not responsible to keep children 3 feet apart.
- Children choosing to not wear masks will have to be responsible to take them off and on in the wings.
- All students (who are taking off their mask while on stage) will have to bring a plastic zip-lock bag with their name on it. They will put their mask in their own bag and leave it in the wings right before they go on stage. They will be shown where to put the bags in rehearsal. They will pick up their plastic bag immediately after leaving stage and will need to put the mask right back on before going backstage.
- TAC cannot, and will not, be responsible for the performers risks, based on family decisions to be unmasked while on stage.
- Any individuals who do not follow the studio masking regulations will be asked to leave.