Forked River School Newsletter
February / March 2021
Greetings Parents and Guardians,
As always, we would like to take this opportunity to congratulate our fourth grade January Students of the Month here at the Forked River School. These students were chosen by our special area teachers for their positive attitudes, helpful nature, and dedication to their schoolwork.
Art – Avery Newman and Yasin Salhia
Library – Sophia Durante and Damien Petyo
Music – Peyton Spicher and William Brewster
Phys. Ed. – Sophia Durante and Damien Petyo
The Forked River School is planning the following School Spirit Days during the months of February and March:
- Wear your favorite sports jersey or team wear! (Cohort A - February 3rd), (Cohort B - February 5th), (Fully-Remote Cohort - February 3rd and/or February 5th)
- Wear your favorite Valentine's colors! (Cohort A - February 12th), (Cohort B - February 11th), (Fully-Remote Cohort - February 11th and/or February 12th)
- Celebrate the 100th day and dress like you are 100 years old! (Cohort A - February 17th), (Cohort B - February 16th), (Fully-Remote Cohort - February 16th and/or February 17th)
- Wear your favorite Dr. Seuss attire in celebration of Dr. Seuss' birthday and Read Across America! (Cohort A - March 1st), (Cohort B - March 2nd), (Fully-Remote Cohort - March 1st and/or March 2nd)
- Wear green and gold in celebration of St. Patrick's Day! (Cohort A - March 17), (Cohort B - March 16), (Fully-Remote Cohort - March 16th and/or March 17th)
- Celebrate spring and dress in your best spring outfit! (Cohort A - March 22nd), (Cohort B - March 23rd), (Fully-Remote Cohort - March 22nd and/or March 23rd)
The second marking period report card grades will be available on the Parent Portal beginning on February 12th and will be sent home in paper form as well.
Lacey Schools will be closed on Monday, February 15th, in honor of Presidents’ Day.
The Forked River School will be hosting a virtual Literacy Fair Open House during the week of February 22nd. Forked River School has traditionally held an in-person celebration of Literacy each February where our students and their families get to visit and engage in literacy-themed activities in the evening. This year the Literacy Fair will be virtual. More information will be provided in Mr. Fiedler's weekly parent emails as to how to access this virtual event as it gets closer.
School Picture Day is scheduled for our A Cohort students on Wednesday, March 10th and on Tuesday, March 9th for our B Cohort students. Our fully-remote students will be invited to visit the Forked River School after school hours on March 9th to have their school picture taken. More details will be provided in Mr. Fiedler's weekly email as the dates get closer.
I would like to thank our FRS PTA for all of their continued efforts this school year! The annual Gertrude Hawk fundraiser is going on now through March 28th. The FRS 20-21 Memory Book is on sale now as well. Please visit our website at https://www.laceyschools.org/frs and click on the links in the School Notices section for details. Mr. Fiedler will continue to keep everyone abreast of upcoming PTA fundraisers and events in his weekly Friday emails to our parents and guardians.
Our pupil emergency records are utilized to identify those individuals authorized to sign out students from the Forked River School. If your child is being picked up by someone other than those listed in our records, please call the main office to confirm this pertinent information. If you need to update your child’s emergency contacts, please visit your parent portal to do so or call the main office for assistance. A form of photo identification must be available when students are picked up at school.
In closing, we hope you are finding our website a quality resource for attaining important information about your child’s education here at the Forked River School. The online calendar is updated every 24 hours for your convenience. We look forward to an educationally productive February and March!
The Forked River School Staff
Please visit our website and explore our online calendar, the Parent Portal, and many other features at http://frs.laceyschools.org! Follow us on Twitter @FRSPrincipal